× Chapter Twenty Three ×

3rd Person POV
It's Dolores and Mariano's engagement day, everyone's on the supermarket for shopping. Dolores and Isabella are looking for an engagement ring for Mariano, just like Mariano and Mariano's friend Jonathan.

-"Diamond or Gold?" asked the salesperson young lady.
-"I like Gold more." said Dolores.
-"Hush! You're chosing golden ring for engagement?!"
-"I-"
-"Ma'am, if you'd like to check, we have engagement collections corner in our shop!"
-"Yeah?"
-"Yes let's check 'em out Dolores!" Said Isabella excitedly, dragging her to the Engagement collection corner.

-"Luisa! Look at this Kimono!!" Mirabel said, very excited seeing the navy blue kimono.
-"Don't say you wanna wear a Kimono for this engagement occasion."
-"Yes! I mean uh, it's not okay right? Lemme find something else."
-"Of course.."
Luisa, Mirabel, Antonio and Camilo are buzzing in the clothes shop. Antonio wants to buy a T-shirt. "Red?" Camilo said, pointing at a Red T-shirt.
-"No that one looks too casual."
-"What do you want? Formal?"
-"Cozy."
-"Green?" Camilo said, pointing at a Green T-shirt with yellow print.
-"That's Girly!"
-"Than how about Purple?" Camilo sighed, knowing he cannot choose anything likable for Antonio.
-"I like that one. THE PEACH ONEE!" Antonio said jumping and pointing at the Peach T-shirt with white Artist print.
-"Great choice!!" Camilo finally smiled.

-"Cami! I could not find anything to wear for the engagement partyy!!!" Mirabel ran to Camilo.
-"Whoa slow down Mira." Luisa said from behind. She has already chosen a violet no sleeved short dress, with black satin frills on the neck and white short boots.
-"Excellent choice Luisa!" Camilo gave her a thumbs up.
-"Thanks Camilo!" Luisa smiled at him.
-"Luisa look! I got this peach T-shirt and white pants!"
-"Wow Antonio, you'd look dashing."

"So nothing interesting to you, Mira?" Camilo said, raising his eyebrows.
-"No, I mean, I couldn't choose the perfect one for me."
-"Me neither. Let's chose something together."
-"Yeah sure!" her eyes went down to see Camilo's hand forward. Mirabel's cheeks went red, H-hand.. for me?
-"Romantic." Luisa smiled and muttered, seeing them walk away to another spot at clothes shop holding each others hand.
-"Mirabel I know what'll perfectly suit on you." Camilo said, taking the Black long dress with transparent sleeves and bright red roses on the chest from the hanger. Mirabel gasped, "I didn't see this before. Omg.. This one looks so beautiful!!" Camilo smiled and said, "You like it?"
-"I love it!!"
Camilo laughed in reply and looked away, happy that Mirabel loved what he choosed.
-"You'll look handsome wearing black as well." Mirabel muttered.
-"Huh?"
-"Nevermind! Which colour do you prefer, black or white?" she replied trying to forget what she said before and showing the black shirt and white shirt.
-"I'd like white for their wedding day. So black for engagement day." he said, touching the black shirt. "Ooh the cotton's soft! I'm taking this black shirt!"
-"And pants?"
-"Black ripped jeans as well." he said looking at the black ripped jeans on the other corner. Mirabel smiled and Camilo took a deep breath, Black for both of us then.

Time skip to Afternoon
A lot of people has gathered, probably 25-30. All are friends of Dolores and Mariano and were invited. White tables are decorated just beside the sea, golden fairy lights are hanged surrounding the place, and a little stage with a light purple board, "Mariano and Dolores Engagement" written on it with white paint and Cardo Bold font.

-"Ahem, my beloved friends and cousins, I am Camilo aka younger but not the youngest brother of one and only Dolores Madrigal. You are all welcome to my sister and Mister Mariano's Engagement Party this afternoon!" Camilo announced with his microphone. He's standing on the stage. Everyone cheered and clapped. "I'd like to invite Mariano Guzman and Dolores Madrigal to the stage!" he said again, handing the microphone to Mariano and gave Dolores an extra microphone.
-"Thank you Camilo." Mariano said and began his short speech. After giving the speech, he recited a beautiful poem he made just for Dolores.
Meanwhile Camilo, after getting off the stage, was searching for Mirabel. She hasn't arrived yet.
After Mariano finished his recitation, Dolores started speaking. "At first I want to thank all the people who worked for all this decoration. Thank you so much for making this afternoon more beautiful! The lovely decorators own the most of credits. Also thanks to my beloved cousins for their support." Dolores said with her face lightedup by her smile.
Mirabel has the rings with her, and she hasn't arrived yet, reason why Camilo is worried. Where is she? Just as Camilo thought this sentence, he spotted Mirabel by the coener of his eyes.
Mirabel's curly hair is now in a small messy bun, twirled front hair, smokey eyeshadow and nude lipstick. Camilo started at her, Breathtaking..
She came towards Camilo hurriedly and gave him the engagement rings. Camilo to avoid looking at beautiful Mirabel because he thinks he'd freak out, went up the stage to stand with the engagement rings on a white cusion, blushing.

Mirabel's POV
Gosh, Camilo.. He looks very HOT in black. His hair backbrushed, he had a handsome look on his face until he saw me. The serious Camilo is hot.
My eyes went to the stage, Mariano standing on his one knee and an engagement ring on his hand, towards Dolores.
-"Will you be my future bride?"
-"YES!" Dolores said with happy tears as he put the ring on her ring finger. Mariano got up and she puts the other ring on his ring finger as well. They hugs each other.
The crowd cheers and claps loudly, including some other people at the beach, some wiping happy tears.
-"Finally. A beautiful moment." Luisa cried.

Time skip to evening
Sun has set down, but the sky is purple-indigoish. Fresh wind was blowing, with the smell of sea. Dolores and Mariano are taking pictures with their friends together. Before ending the ceremony, they'll have a photoshoot, just the two of them.
-"Finally, a moment to talk with Mirabel." Camilo said as he stopped walking in front of me. "Mira you really look very beautiful!" he said as he took one of my hands.
We're standing under a coconut tree, golden fairy light beside us.
-"You look pretty handsome yourself Cami.." I looked down to see our hands together. "..A-are we a thing now..?"
-"Oh. I forgot I'm sorry." he cleared his throat. What is he going to say?
-"Mirabel I've been waiting to say this in real life for a long time, of course I said this in my dreams, duh.." he looked at my eyes. "I love you, Mira."
My heart started beating rapidly. His eyes are like glowing, because of the fairy lights.
-"I love you too Cami."
Our faces went closer, and closer, and closer. I closed my eyes as our lips touched, we shared a passionate kiss.

Until I heard my sister yelling, "THAT'S MY SISTER YOU-"