× Chapter Thirteen ×

Camilo's POV
Mirabel is back! With.. Tio Bruno? Where was he? As Tia Julieta and Agustin saw her, they rushed and hugged her. "Mirabel! We were so worried about you! Where have you been?!" Tia Julieta said, wiping her tears.
-"To fix everything back to normal, mom." she said, smiling. MIRABEL I WAS WORRIED SICK ABOUT YOU. Has she eaten anything for lunch? "Mami, ask her if she had anything for lunch on way back here." I whispered to mami, without anyone noticing. Mami nodded and went to her, "Mirabel.."

Everyone was talking with Mirabel, while I am sitting a bit far. She looks happy now. I'm relieved. I coughed, not feeling well physically. Maybe I'll have a fever? No Camilo Madrigal, never think of something bad again. Mirabel hasn't talked with me since I yelled at her. Man, he's still upset? I gotta find a way to talk with her. I walked to her.
-"There were bees everywhere! I'll be okay." Agustin puts a hand in her shoulder. Gosh why are you always stung by bees? I laughed.
-"Not if we don't have a house." Papi nudged me. I saw Mirabel looking at me. "What? We don't have a house! I can't say we don't have a house? What is that? Not a house!" she smiled at me. No longer upset? That's great.
I wonder where Tio Bruno is. Nobody noticed him? Ever since Mira came everyone's busy talking with her. I can't see Bruno anywhere.
-"Everyone! We have someone else here with us." Abuela said. Bruno peeked from behind her, "Hi." He nervously smiled. Seriously, you've been hiding behind her since then?
Mami and Tia Julieta was in shock. Like I can't believe this is happening. They hurriedly went to him and hugged him.
-"Okay so we gonna talk about Bruno?~" I asked.
-"That's Bruno!~" replied my little bro, like he knew he was there.
-"♪Yeah, there's a lot to say about Bruno.. I'll start okay!♪" and there he goes about starting from mami's wedding. He explains, singing. Long time no seeing you tio!
-"♪Yo I knew he never left, I heard him everyday!♪" Dolores nudged me from beside. Ow that hurt! What's that for?
Not only our voice, I heard some other voices too. Like a lot of people singing along.
3rd Person POV
"What's that sound?"
-"I think it's everyone in town.." Antonio said, going out a bit.
-"♪Hey! Lay down your load, lay down your load, lay down your load, we are only down the road! We have no gifts, but we are many. And we'll do anything for you!♪" It really is everyone in town.

They've brought stuffs and materials to help the madrigals

They've brought stuffs and materials to help the madrigals. The madrigals are surprised. Senora Guzman and his son Mariano Guzman is here, with a broken nose but he looks fine.
Everyone is here to help the madrigals get back their home.
Moments pass by, it's already afternoon, Dolores searches for Mariano by the corner of her eye. She spots Mariano talking with Isabella.
Dolores's POV
I see Mariano talking with Isa. I'm not exactly looking at him, I spotted him with the corner of my eye. Everyone's talking and I can hear it all, I know Isa and Mariano are having a conversation, it might be private but.. I wanna hear it. Please it's no sin god..
-"Ah Isabella about the proposal.."
-"M-Mariano, I uh.. should tell you something important. Very important." she looks at Mirabel who was standing beside her, "Can I have a moment please?"
-"Sure! I'll go and see the map Abuela made, btw Isa don't go too strong!" Mirabel said and went to Abuela. Strong? Something serious might have happened. Let's just listen..
-"So.. Mariano I know you'll be very sad to hear about this.." she says with an awkward face.
-"No it's okay! Go on Isabella." replies Mariano.
-"Yes uh.. The marriage, I said yes for the family. I didn't want them to feel bad, because you're a really nice guy and they wanted me to get married to you. But.. I really don't like, I mean like you in THAT way. Sorry Mariano." WAIT whaaaaat. Seriously Isabella! That's a serious confession!!
-"Excuse me, what?" Mariano looks like he's been shot by 3 bullets in a line.

Author's Note
Okay Minna-san, that's the end of the chapter! Hope you all enjoyed it! Press the star icon and it'll help me cross 500 stars on this book! Also thank you very much for 16k reads, Ilysm all!🖤✨