the dance

"i don't know ronnie. the purple is really nice" amara said to her friend on the phone
"no, pick the blue. it goes with your eyess" ronnie replied. in the end, amara just called Eli in for advice.
"uh idk, the purple is nicer" and he left. that was decided then. Amara was going to the dance, and for some reason, picked out her dress the day of the dance. what a genius. she bought it from the shop and went to get coffee, before finding Eli so they could go home.

(fast forward 5 hours)
amara was in her room, adding the last touches to her look.
her dress:

Eli was dropping her off, he was basically her chauffeur now

Eli was dropping her off, he was basically her chauffeur now. she knocked on his door telling him they had to go now.
"wow am you look great! i like the dress" he twirled her around and insisted on taking a picture.
when they got to the school. Eli stopped her before she could leave the car
"be responsible and uh, don't die?" he said, and let her out.

waiting at the door for her was anthony. when he saw her, his jaw dropped. just when he thought amara couldn't get any prettier .

when amara saw anthony, her jaw dropped. just when she thought he couldn't get any mote attractive
"you look great. should we go in?" she put her arm through his and they walked through the doors. there was fun music playing in the background, and tabled filled with food and drinks. Ronnie saw the two enter, and run up to amara.
"hey!! you look amazing! very hot" she winked
"you're a lucky man anthony" ronnie said
"yes i am" amara and anthony both blushed.
"let's dance" anthony took her hand and led her to the dance floor. funny thing was , neither of them could dance, so they just laughed at each other's attempts. anthony said he was going to get some drinks, but amara saw him follow kenny  to the hallways. weird. she followed them because she was nosy.

"you come here with my girlfriend? fuck you dude" kenny punched anthony in the face, and amara ran up to him, kicking him and pushing him to the floor.
"correction; ex-girlfriend. leave ant alone, he hasn't done shit" she kicked kenny again, and took anthony to the bathroom to clean the blood off him. while she was cleaning, anthony asked her
"you dated kenny? weirdo" he laughed at her for dating someone like kenny.
"he was nice. just turned bad i guess" she shrugged
there was silence between them, until anthony leaned forward. he got up close to amara's face. then kissed her. she stood there, not knowing what to do, so she kissed him back. they had both been waiting for this moment for a long time. it felt wrong, just a bit, but it felt a lot more right. a million thoughts rushed through their heads, but that was for another time. there were no interruptions, but amara pulled away anyways.
"ant, we can't do this"
"why not?"
"your friends. they hate me"
"so what? it doesn't matter"
"my friends hate you"
"okay? why does that matter"
" i just don't wanna go public yet. we have too much going against us. let's just be.. secret? or just see where this takes us" amara said
"okay" he said.

and that was that.