chapter 1: the beginning

TW: sensitive topics including death and attempted suicide. 

*3rd person* 

When y/n was 13, her mother was diagnosed with stage 3 terminal cancer. Her mother knew she wasn't going to survive and she only had a year or less to live. Y/n struggled to accept the fact that her mother was dying. They spent every minute together. Her father loved her and her mother and did everything he could for them. When y/n turned 14 her mother passed away, leaving her and her father. She was in a really bad mental state and tried taking her life. After a while y/n and her father grew closer then they had ever been before and her mental health started to slowly get better. He knew that giving y/n freedom to do what she wanted was best as long as she was safe and happy. Y/n and her father (Andrew) had an amazing relationship and she felt like she could tell him everything, He supported her decisions and was proud of her. Y/n found a passion in acting and starting playing roles in tv commercials and a few small shows. She wanted to take her acting career further. Just after y/n turned 15, her and her father moved to Atlanta, Georgia so that they could move on. It was hard for them to move and leave everything behind including her friends but they knew it was best. When they had finally moved they felt more freedom and slowly started to move on with their lives. 

*y/n's pov* 

I was scrolling through instagram when I saw euphoria posted something. 

'This could be the next stage of my acting career' I thought to myself

'This could be the next stage of my acting career' I thought to myself. I'd never watched euphoria but I've heard heaps of my old friends from back in California talk about it. It sounded good. I took another look at the post and sent a dm to euphoria. 

y/n..y/ln 

- hello, my names y/n y/l/n. I am 15 years old and I'd love to audition for the role of Ashtray's love interest in the new season. I have acted in a few tv commercials and a few small tv shows but I think I'm ready for something bigger. kind regards y/n :) 

The chances of them replying were quite low as I hadn't had a heap of experience but I mean, it was worth a try? I went downstairs to go show my dad the post and what I sent. "Looks good honey, I don't know why they wouldn't say yes. You're amazing," he said pulling me in for a hug. "awww thanks dad, but they are a really big show so my chances are pretty low." "let me know when they reply," he said smiling. I went back upstairs and sat on my bed. I decided that it would be good to start watching euphoria. I turned on the first episode of season 1 and started watching. It was really good so far. I was 10 mins in when I saw ashtray popup talking to rue. He had face tats, buzz cut and an eyebrow slit. He was wearing a white singlet, gold chain and a grey and yellow puffer jacket. "aww he's so young." The first season was only filmed 2 years ago but he looked so much younger than the post on instagram. I kept watching, really enjoying the show. I was on episode 2 when my phone vibrated. I picked It up to see that euphoria had responded to my dm. "oh my fucking god your kidding." I was squealing. I opened the dm and read what they had said.