chapter 8: first day on set

"beeeeepppp beeeeeeeepp." Fuck. my alarm. It was 8:30 am. I rolled over and went on my phone for a bit scrolling through Tiktok when an edit of Javon and his sister from a live popped up. 'his sister is so pretty omg' I thought to myself. They were so funny together. I hoped one day I could meet her and his brothers. They sound like so much fun. I got distracted and kept scrolling through Tiktok to see that it was now 8:50 and I was supposed to meet javon and zendaya at hair and makeup at 9. I quickly threw on the robe they gave me which had my name and character name on it and put on some ugg boots. I walked out of my trailer at nearly the exact same time as javon. "oh hey J." "hey y/n." We walked towards hair and makeup together. 

"hey y/n!" Donni said. I'd already met and talked with Donni (my hair and makeup artist) before so we knew each other. "hey Donni." The hair and makeup trailer was amazing.

The walls were filled with pictures of makeup and hair looks that had previously been done on the actors and there were chairs with mirrors in front of them

The walls were filled with pictures of makeup and hair looks that had previously been done on the actors and there were chairs with mirrors in front of them. "I'm going to do something simple but also outgoing on you today." Javon sat down in the seat next to me and had the other makeup artists draw on his tattoos and touch up anything. That's really all they had to do on him, "you can go if you want," I said not moving my head as my makeup and hair was being done. "nah I wanna stay and see it all happen." he smiled. After about 30 mins my makeup and hair was finally finished.

Since then Angus and Zendaya had come in to get their stuff done

Since then Angus and Zendaya had come in to get their stuff done. We all left together to go have a quick chat with Sam. The first episode started with Mackenzie's life story. We met with Sam and I got to meet mini me. She was so cute, her name was Anna and she was only 8. We all went to costume and I got changed into my outfit for the first scene. 

It was a really comfy outfit

It was a really comfy outfit. We all had a chat and set up to film the very start of episode 1 season 2. Everyone from the cast came to watch the first part as it's a big moment starting season 2. The first scene was me with Rue's voice over. All I really had to do was jump out of a taxi and run over to rue giving her a hug. 

"TAKE 1 SCENE 1, ACTION." I was in the taxi by myself. I pulled up outside of rues house and got out of the taxi, opening the trunk and pulling out a suitcase. Zendaya ran outside and gave me a huge hug. "KENZ!" "ANNDDDD CUT!" everyone cheered as it was the first scene filmed of euphoria season 2. I sat down off set next to javon who was smiling at me. I pulled my knees into my chest and threw on my robe as I didn't have to do much for a while as it was Anna acting as mini me. Everyone else had left but Angus, zendaya, javon, mini me and mini zendaya. The first part was my backstory, saying how I had a troubled family. My mother had run away and my dad was a drug dealer who had just gone to jail. I grew up learning everything from him and he used me to help. blah blah blah. 

I had to go back to recording so I threw off my robe and gave javon a hug before going to film more. I had a lot of talking parts. It was mostly me moving into rue's house and us catching up. 

Rue- "yo i have these friends you'd like" she said snorting a line of coke. 

Me- "pass it here." I said taking the tray and snorting a line. "Who are they?" 

Rue- "Fezco and Ashtray. Ash is your age" she smirked at me and I rolled my eyes

I had a few more talking lines and then a scene of me and zendaya riding bikes to Fez and Ash's shop. After filming that we took a 10 min break before it was the shop scene where I met ash and fez. "You ready?" I said pulling javon off his seat. He giggled and walked over to the shop set with his arm around my shoulder. "ACTION." 

Rue and I walked up to the shop with me following behind. 

Fez- "yo what up kid?"  

Rue- "yo hey fez. This is my cousin Kenz. She's living with us now." 

Fez- "Hey Kenz" 

me- "hey" 

Fez- "how old are you?" 

me- "14? why?"

fez- "shit your ash's age. Here come meet him" he said jumping off the counter 

I followed fez to a fridge which entered into a little room behind it. 

ash- "who the fuck is this junkie bitch" I rolled my eyes at him 

fez- "rues cousin, she's your age talk to her." he said walking out 

"ANDDDDD CUT!" "great job guys. we'll meet you back here at 2." 

"wow your really good y/n." javon smiled. "ahaha thanks you too." We threw on our robes and went to get some lunch and then go back to your trailer. We talked and watched some YouTube until it was 2 where we met zendaya and Angus back at set to continue filming. I had quite a few things to film like a party with the whole cast and other things. It was now 9pm and we had finally finished filming for the day. We all grabbed a quick dinner and watched over a few scenes filmed today. They looked so good. It felt so weird to see myself like that. We all finished eating and watching some scenes so we decided to go to bed. I said goodnight to everyone and gave javon a hug before lying on my bed and passing out straight away.