chapter 20: I need help

*this whole chapter will be in Javon's pov*

time skip// February 13th- it's a saturday 

I had been thinking about this for a long time. I hate it when people call me this but if I'm being honest, I've kinda been a pussy when it came to y/n. I fucking love her so much and have wanted to ask her out so bad but haven't found a good time. I think the main thing that was stopping me was the thought of her saying no to me and if our friendship got ruined, I'd blame myself everyday for it. But now, I've finally come to the realisation that she genuinely does like me. I mean do friends usually kiss and flirt like we do? 

I knocked on jayla's door and opened it to see Jaden and jayla sitting on her bed. This is perfect because I was planning on asking both of them to help me and now I just had to do it at once. "hey wassup wanna?" Jayla smiled nodding her head towards the bed they were sitting on. "can I get your guys help with something?" I said sitting down on the bed in front of them. "yeah what do you need bro?" Jaden asked. "okay. fuck. well, tomorrows valentines day and I think it would be a perfect time to ask y/n out but I don't know how to do it or like. I don't know. I'm fucking scared." I blurted out looking at the wall. There was no reply so I looked at jayla and Jaden to see both of them with a huge smile planted on their faces. "what?" I asked. "FINALLY WANNA!" jayla yelled hugging me. "thank fuck dude I thought you were never gonna do it." Jaden smiled. "well I need your help. what do i do? I need to get her presents." "let's go shopping then," jayla smiled standing up off the bed. Jaden and I followed her to her car and she drove us to the mall. 

When we arrived we parked the car and went inside. "what am I supposed to get her?" "chocolate and some clothes," jayla said. "yeah okay but I also want something bigger. I've known her for a while now and she means everything to me." "we will find something, don't stress bro," Jaden smiled. Jayla took us to urban outfitters as she said it was y/n's favourite shop. "she really wants this dress, she's always talking about it," jayla said showing me a red dress. 

"wait she's showed me that before," I smiled picking up the dress in her size and payed for it

"wait she's showed me that before," I smiled picking up the dress in her size and payed for it. "yo I'm bored tell me when y'all done," Jaden said leaving. "Why's he in a shit mood?" I asked jayla. "I think he's jealous of your relationship, but he'll get over it," she sighed. We then went to a chocolate shop and I bought her some nice chocolate. "I need one more present, like a big one." Jayla and I walked around looking at shops but I couldn't find anything I was looking for but then we came across Tiffany and co and I walked in with Jayla following behind. "Tiffany and co wanna?" jayla said kinda shocked. I nodded my head in response. "so you really do love her," jayla smirked. I smiled, "yeah I do." I browsed around for a bit before I found the perfect necklace. 

She always wears red so I knew this would be perfect

She always wears red so I knew this would be perfect. "javon." jayla said making a *thats so cute* face. "what?" "thats so sweet of you." I smiled and payed for the necklace that the store wrapped up nicely in wrapping paper and a bow. 

*calling Bro 😎🤘*

Javon- "yo, meet us in the car." 

Jaden- "okay coming" 

We then drove home and I showed Jaden what I got y/n. He seemed to be in a better mood and was more happy for me than jealous. "I want to take y/n out for dinner when I ask her out. Where should we go?" I asked jayla and Jaden. "you know that restaurant we used to go to for mom's birthday? go there. it's fancy but also not over the top," Jaden smiled. "yeah thats a great idea, and you could tell her to wear the dress you bought her," Jayla suggested. "I'm making a booking right now," I smiled. I booked the dinner and wrapped up all the presents and wrote y/n a short card. 

Dear y/n, 

happy valentines day. if you say no to me, this will be so awkward ahaha

ilysm ma xx

After making sure everything was ready for tomorrow, I went to the gym with my family for a workout and boxing practice.