chapter 2: making new friends

It was the next day. Since then I was also added to a group chat with Alexa and Sydney. We had been talking heaps and getting to know each other. I was sitting on my bed reading through the script. There were two characters which I had to memorise. Emily and I would take in turns acting as different characters so that Sam could get an idea of our acting skills and what roles we fitted best. It was a long script about two friends in high school. One girl had fucked her best friends boyfriend and her friend was really pissed about it, (the other character being the best friend.) I had 2 days left to memorise the script and I was scared shitless. 

As I was reading through the script for the 10th time my phone started ringing. It was the group chat with Alexa and Sydney. 

Alexa- "Hey queens!" 

me- "heyyyyyyy" 

Sydney- "when do you come to LA? I can't wait much longer!"

me- "2 days now!" I squealed 

Sydney and Alexa- "YAYAYYAYAYAYYA" 

We talked for about an hour, bitching about Emily and then hung up so I could go back to practicing the script. I was so excited to go to LA and meet the whole cast. They had all been so nice to me. I spent the whole day memorising the script as much as I could as tomorrow I was going to be busy packing all my stuff. It was now 9pm and suddenly my phone buzzed. I picked up my phone to see text from an unknown number. 

unknown number 

- hey y/n it's Javon 

- hey! how'd you get my number? 

- Alexa ahahaha. How are you? 

- I'm pretty good. very tired. been memorising my script all day

- don't be stressed. We are all hoping you get the part :) 

- thanks javon. how are you? 

- I'm good. excited to meet you!

- same! 

- I'm going to let you go back to practicing. I'll text you later 

- thank you so much for being so nice! okay ttyl :) 

I changed Javon's name to Javon 🤍 and went back to practicing my script. 

I must have fallen asleep because that's really the last thing I remember from last night. It was now 11am and I got up and went downstairs to get some breakfast. "hey sweetie, how'd you sleep," my dad greeted me. "good thanks dad," I said going up and giving him a hug. We sat down and ate breakfast together talking about how we needed to pack today and get ready for our early flight tomorrow morning. "Do you want to go shopping today? There's a few things I need and we could get you a new outfit for your audition and some new clothes," he said smiling knowing I'd love too. "yes of course dad!" "okay we will leave in 20 mins, go get ready." I washed my dishes and gave him another hug before going upstairs to get ready. I had a shower washing my hair and face. I then applied my normal light makeup which consisted of mascara, lip gloss and a little bit of concealer before getting changed. "let's go dad." We got in the car and drove to the mall were dad left to go do some shopping for himself and I went to go find an outfit. 

I first went into brandy Melville finding I really cute top and some low waisted jeans. 

*if it's not your style then you can choose something else :)*

I then went around some shops like Nike, followed by American Eagle,  Forever 21, PacSun, Urban Outfitters, Lululemon and Victoria's Secret buying a few things but mostly browsing. After an hour or so I met up with my dad at the food court and we got some McDonalds. Soon we headed home so that we could both start packing. We pulled up outside my house and I grabbed my bags, running inside. I gave my dad a kiss on the cheek and said thank you before going upstairs to start packing. I pulled out my suitcase which was at the top of my wardrobe. I packed some underwear, bras, socks, tops, pjs, pants, comfy clothes, jumpers/jackets, shoes and some makeup and toiletries before sitting back down on my bed. My phone started ringing, it was Javon FaceTiming me. I checked how I looked before answering the call. 

javon- "hey y/n, you look nice," he said smiling. 'fuck he's so fine' I thought to myself 

me- "hey J, thank you," I started blushing from his compliment. 

He bought his face closer to the camera making a confused face which was really cute 

javon- "are you blushing?" he laughed 

me- "noooo, why would I be blushing?" I acted confused hoping he'd believe me 

javon- "yeah sureeee" he said pulling his face away from the camera.

me- "are you in LA?"  

javon- "yeah I arrived today, I'm at the guys house." 

me- "very cool, I can't wait to see you!" 

javon- "same! only 15 hours," he said smiling, making me blush again. 

me- "you're counting?" I laughed. 

javon- "shut up" he laughed. 

we talked for ages, he told me all about his family and boxing and I told him all about mine. Like everything. He was so nice and felt sorry about my mum. We kept talking about Random things until my dad came in. "time for bed honey, we have to wake up at 4:40." "okay goodnight dad." I looked back over at javon who was making a fake pouting face because I had to go. "aww don't be a sook, I get to see you tomorrow!" he started to pretend cry and I started laughing so hard I couldn't breathe. He joined in and we laughed for a solid minute before we finally calmed ourselves down. "goodnight J, see you tomorrow" I said still chuckling a little. "goodnight ma," he chuckled before hanging up the call. Did he just call me ma? Fuck he's so ho-. I'm not falling for him. I can't, we might have to work together and he's my friend. maybe I am.