𝟘 | 𝟞

Disconnected

I can't breathe.

I can't breathe.

I can't breathe.

  I'm struggling to breathe in as the bag is pulled over my mouth and nose. The more I try, the tighter the bag feels around my neck and my heads feels like it's about to explode.

In the movies when someone is getting choked out by a plastic bag they rarely go to rip the bag over the mouth because their first instinct is to get it from around their necks. So they fight and fight until everything goes dark. Not me though, I didn't survive this long just so Barbie material can kill me.

   I go to rip a hole in the bag before I suffocate but Jen pulls my hands away and holds them down. The girl behind me tightens the bag even more around my neck and my eyes go wide. At this point I'm hyperventilating as I watch Jenn through the blurry bag. My hands are stuck to my side and I underestimate Jenn's strength.

  My fight or flight kicks in as I kick Jenn in the gut and she lets go. I quickly stretch the bag above my nose and mouth until cold air fills my nostrils again. I inhale deeply and for a sec I forget it's still around my neck. I elbow the girl behind me in the face, whose perfume is really strong by the way, and she finally lets go stumbling back. I fall to the floor coughing roughly trying to regain my breathing back.

   Blood trickles down her nose, she wipes it, and she stares at her hand in disbelief. As I walk towards her with anger rushing through my entire body, a leg kicks the back of my bad knee and I land on the ground hard. I screech out in pain and before I can get a chance to try to stand back up, she grabs a chunk of my hair and starts to pull me up. The pain in my leg too much to endure as I kick and shove while she drags me up to look in her eyes. Just when she's about to throw a punch, someone grabs her from behind and pushes her away causing me to fall back down to the ground.

   "What the hell is going on?"

   Jenn and her friend look down at me with smiles on their faces and Willa rushes to my side to check on me.

   "Oh my gosh, are you okay? You weren't in the room when I went back." She accidentally grazes my knee and I flinch in pain.

Let's just hope Kye doesn't hear about this.

...
Jenn and her friend are on one side and I'm on the other while Kye sits behind his desk looking between us with an expression, anger mix with disappointment.

"Who threw the first punch?" He asks after being silent since we came in here.

"It was her." Jenn points at me like we're 5.

Bitch?

Kye turns his head to me as he slouches back in his chair. "Is this true?"

"NO! They attacked me first!- "