𝟙 | 𝟝

Free

    By tomorrow I'll have my wolf back, I nod to myself

    By tomorrow I'll have my wolf back, I nod to myself. Trying to wrap my head around everything that he just said, I don't notice a shirtless Kye standing in front of me until I look up.

    Holy smokes..

   Well-defined abs gracefully run down his torso and stop just above his v-line. His pants hang a little low and a happy trail of tiny hairs disappear under his black boxer briefs, which doesn't stop my imagination from running wild. Images of what could be under there flood into my mind.

     I thought his tattoos only start at his hands, go all the way up to his shoulders but there were clearly more that his business suits hid over. They were the most abstracting ones. Sitting just above his chest, a dark shaded in butterfly of some sort catches my attention. Just below that on his left pec are two snakes tangled in one. On his side is a detailed feather, and a bunch of other colorless markings all over his torso that'll make you drool at the sight of them. And those were just the ones I spotted from a distance but given the chance, I'll closely examine every meaningless tattoo he has engraved on himself.

    My eyes trail back up to his face and his eyebrows are raise with a small grin playing across his lips. "You gonna go or what?" His voice pulls me out of my curious trance.

    "Huh? Right, yup I'm going." I clear my throat before walking out of the room.

    "Close the door!" He yells out and I go back and close his door with one last sorry.

     I toss myself on the bed once I'm in my room and fake shoot myself in the head. How could I let myself get distracted and get caught like that. Feelings inside my stomach shift around as if there're telling me that it's okay to regard any feelings I have for him.

    No.

    There aren't any feelings. I can admit the guy is really good-looking and I'm physically attracted to him, I mean anyone with eyes would agree, but those feelings are expected, and anything else beyond that is not. Anything beyond that means I'm choosing to be with a monster who would much rather have the strongest pack than anything to do with me, he said it so himself. This doesn't change anything. Once I get my wolf back, we're parting ways even if I have to kick his ass to do so.
...

    I sprint through the field of dandelions as the wind blow it's seeds in the sky. My fur's covered with them and I try shaking them off but they only cling on to another part of me. I feel free every time I come here and nothing can beat this feeling.

    I try to forget the argument earlier with mom and dad but even dandelions can't make me forget. God they frustrate me!

    There are responsibilities that come with the role of being beta. I'll have to assist in meetings and alliances and help keep other ranking wolves in line as enforcer and peace-maker which means no time with my friends, no day offs, and no selfish pleasures. I'll have to give myself to the cause and put my whole life on pause which is unfair for my parents to force on me. I have to be the one to make that decision for myself.