𝟚 | 𝟜

Dysfunctional

    "So when were you going to tell me he was here this whole time?" I use this time to ask him about Nathan and I can tell his mind goes blank from the sudden interrogation

"So when were you going to tell me he was here this whole time?" I use this time to ask him about Nathan and I can tell his mind goes blank from the sudden interrogation. Now is the only time he's not off doing pack orders or moon goddess knows what else so it's either ask now or never. It's also a distraction he won't hear coming because he tilts his head in confusion at the mention of Nathan. While his guard's down for a mere second, my fingers find his flag around his waist and I pull away from him, claiming my victory. It doesn't feel like victory because we're finally on the subject of something big he kept from me.

It worked in the way I wanted because he quickly realizes I beat him, but as expected he doesn't react like he cares. I can't tell if he let me win though. His head's rather still trying to wrap around the unexpected question I just hit him with.

"She came to see me last night." I further add and he sighs, cursing under his breath. Wow, he really didn't want his mother finding out about me. Makes sense considering she was trying to warn me about him. I know he's definitely got an idea of what she had came to talk to me about so it's no use of telling him the specifics.

"So what did she say? All good things I hope." His whole demeanor quickly changes at the mention of his mother. Hie voice sounds playful but his expression is as far from it. He put his hands in the pocket of his shorts as he waits for me to continue. It's too soon to ask why their relationship is fractured so I skip that for now. I add it to one of the many things I have to straggle out of him. "Let me guess, that I'm a beast? That you're wasting your time if you think I'm going to change my ways, not even for you?" As expected, he nails it to the head and the way he guesses it feels like he's been hearing it all his life. It's evident his relationship with his mother is severed but I grow curious as to why that is. "Well, she's right. I won't change, not for you or anyone else." He bends down to emphasize it and I stare at his pink lips as the words come out.

     He really isn't going to make this easier for himself. I want him to make me believe that she's wrong about him or atleast give me the benefit of doubt. But of course he doesn't. I just have to trust him, which feels impossible right now.

"No. She just wished me good luck." I fake smile and walk around him to put the flags back. He knows by now that his mother isn't one to talk positively about him. No need to repeat harsh words he's probably heard many times over. It's saddening thinking about it really. If his own mother calls him a monster, what would I know of him. Why should I believe him. She's his mother after all.

"Be serious." He doesn't buy my smile and grabs my arm and pulls me to him before I can get far. His expression is serious as his jaw clinches. Why is it that I want to melt when he does literally nothing. Like all he's doing is looking at me and I turn into mush. His eyes look firey as they drill a hole through my eye sockets and mines shoot lasers at his. I'm the one who should be mad here, not him.