𝟚 | 𝟛

Secrets

    I stay quiet, watching as she gives herself a room tour

I stay quiet, watching as she gives herself a room tour. She scans around as if the way my room's set up is supposed to reveal a hint of the kind of person I am before I have an actual conversation with her. I fidget around, feeling uncomfortable, just as her eyes land on me. "Well, you had a lot to say earlier."

    I awkwardly clear my throat before speaking, "Earlier, I wasn't aware you were in the room. I only had to...share some words with Ky-Alpha Kye."

     "Ah, well you made quite the impression. It's too bad we're only meeting now." She scans me up and down and back up. "You're brave I'll give you that. Not many people talk to Kylen the way you did and live to see the next day."

      "Well, your son isn't the easiest person to deal with."

     "Oh no doubt. My son tends to have that effect on people but enough about him." She flips the conversation back to me. "When I heard rumors of him finding his mate, you weren't what I expected." Do I even want to know what that's suppose to mean...? I remain silent though.

     She circles me like I'm prey but I stare straight ahead. She comes from around me and we're about the same height but straight ahead of my eyes is her nose and hers is my forehead. She gives off a strong aura that any wolf can sense, an overawing Luna's scent mix with her warm vanilla perfume. Her head is held highly with a straight posture with her arm cross behind her. She definitely someone you don't want to piss off. Like mother, like son.

     "Especially not a woman from Crescent Moon Pack of the North. If I recall correctly, the daughter of the Beta Kingston and Amira."

     That's when I finally meet her eyes up closely and it's evident where Danny gets his from. Her cold eyes leave my brown one glossy at the mention of my parents. "You-you knew my parents?"

"I've met them once at an annual ball before parting ways but you see, I have a vivid memory so no face escapes my mind. You also resemble your father quite a bit. That and the rumors circling around you."

I've heard that all my life. I was-am a splitting image of my father. Mom always said I'd grow up to be a strong beta like him. Now every time I look in the mirror, all I want to do is wake up from this dreadful nightmare and run to my a parent's room and snuggle in their warm embrace once more.

Only thing is, this isn't a dream. I wake up every morning to the same four wall that aren't like my bedroom walls from my old pack.

"With all due respect Luna, but what is it that you want?" I grow tired of the subject being turned to the past. If she came here to learn about me, it's useless since she already heard what others are saying about me..

"I want to know if you're ready. I heard you've been training but that's all out the window if you don't know what it really takes to stand beside an alpha such as Kylen and lead. I need to know if you're truly ready to take on the important role as being the Luna of an entire pack and not just any pack, the Kylen D'alessandro's pack, and previously my husband's and his father going back generations and more. I'm asking if you believe you're capable of standing before thousands of people who look to you as sovereignty, especially at times like this?"