𝟚 | 𝟟

Schedule

 Kye's pov

Kye's pov

     "More matters are in order." The general of the council member announces from the opposite far end of the long, wooden brown office table. Finally, I thought. I've been sitting here listening to matters that didn't involve nor intrigued. "Alpha Kylen of the North, I'm hearing that you finally found your mate. Is it true she's already claimed her luna role?"

    Word gets around fast. Nosy bastards.

    "You heard correct." I lean back on the comfy, flexible chair. I got called saying I was needed to come in for an "important discussion" and this is what they hit me with after hours of hits sitting here wonder what they wanted to discuss. What's so special that I found my mate anyways. It happens all the time in the wolf world so it shouldn't be a grand shocker that I'd eventually find mines. Hell I found her years ago before anyone knew. Before she knew. Then she was merely an adult. She wouldn't have been fit for the cost of claiming the role.

       He chuckles and a few other alphas from different packs join him. "Are you guys hearing this? Who would have imagined the Alpha Kylen D'alessandro would finally settle down. I didn't think you have any heart." I grit my teeth, not liking the way the way he rolled the r in my last name, but I keep my composure. I don't need them thinking they got under my skin.

     "What can I say, I couldn't run from it forever." I flash a white smile before quickly whipping it off, "So are we done here?" I'm done entertaining them. Looking around, they look at one another like something's on their minds, hesitant to test my temper. It's silent for a minute, you can hear a pen drop.

      "We are. But since you've confirmed it, we want to meet the luna who'll soon be apart of these meetings. We, as councilman, of this alliance feel as though we want to be aware of any changes that could occur." The head alpha from the West speaks for the table and some of the others nod their heads in agreement.

     "Changes?" I ask, feeling my patience being tested. Why would anything change just because I have a luna now. I'm not changing personalities over night. The room fall quiet as everyone becomes hesitant on how to go about clearing my confusion.

      "W-we wouldn't want you turning soft or change any arrangements already in place on her behalf." Another alpha speaks up with his head lowered. The nervousness practically oozing out of him as he shakes his foot under the table.

     "I don't do anything on anyone's behalf." I lean over the table towards him. I need to make sure they hear this loud and clear. Having Elyse doesn't change anything. "Nothing's going to change.