𝟙 | 𝟘

Jax

    His wolf is treading towards me before standing merely a few feet away towering over me like the first day me met

    His wolf is treading towards me before standing merely a few feet away towering over me like the first day me met. There is a mix of anger and concern swirling in his eyes and I sense how much trouble I might be in.

  Hooded fiery eyes are the only color in the clear night as they stare directly at me. There's no sign of hazel in his eyes which means his wolf is in control which could also be a good or bad thing, depending on if he's as murderous as Kye is.

   "Okay, I know you're angry but look on the bright side...you found me before anything could happen right?" I put my hands out trying to console him but he only scoffs and tries to close the space between us. His large paws crush the leaves underneath them as he drags them dreadfully slow. "I know I shouldn't have left but I was trying to prove a point which clearly has gone wrong but let's look at the big picture. I'm not dead, yet." I rant on.

   I slowly back away with each step he takes. His wolf is large and frightening and gravitates towards me like I'm a prey. As I back up, I almost trip and he smoothly circles behind me before I can get a chance to fall back into a tree. His thick fur brushes against me and I shiver at the contact and freeze in my spot.

    He senses my fear and furrows his eyes worriedly and his anger is replace with a tender expression. His wet tongue swipes up the side of my cheek and I feel a sting, probably from a cut I got from stupidly running into that branch. Wiping my cheek, I slightly shove him away chuckling.

I notice a damp patch on his mane where he was bitten earlier and I feel a pit in my stomach when the smell of blood fills my nose. I reach a hand out to touch it but he pushes it away with his muzzle and whimper.

If he dies it'll be my fault.

   "I'm sorry you got bit because of me." I express regret.

    "Elyse!" Lincoln voice comes from behind panting as he comes to a stop. "Thank god you're okay."

    Kye swiftly circles in front of me blocking Lincoln from coming any closer and sends him a warning snarl.

   "Calm down Jax. I just wanted to make sure she was safe." Lincoln holds his hands out tossing him some shorts which he catches with his mouth. "I'll see you guys back at the house." He says before running back the same way he came from.

    Jax?

    Behind me, the sound of bones breaking startle me and I turn back to face Kye. He's standing naked with streaks of blood covering his jaw and chest. I shriek quickly turning around as I wait for him put on the shorts.

How does he turn so fast?

    He could've given me a heads up. Also, since he is back he's probably not going to be as understanding as his wolf is about the situation.