𝟙 | 𝟜

Monster

    We get back and per usual, the house is loud except the noises are coming from outside and not inside the house

We get back and per usual, the house is loud except the noises are coming from outside and not inside the house. Kye goes upstairs and I stay behind in the kitchen to grab something to eat when suddenly we hear loud growling sounds. He's on the second set of stairs when his ears perk up and he stops dead in his track. I close the fridge to make sure we both heard that right and look over at him to find him already looking at me too, confusion written on our faces.

    The growling multiplies which confirms our suspicion, there's a fight. He sprints down the stairs and I follow right behind him but he stops me.

    "Don't even think about it." He points at me like I'm Danny or something and I scoff. Who the hell does he think he is always barking orders at me.

    He takes off and I wait until he's out of sight then run outside to see what's going on. Usually people run away from the fight but staying put when something breaks out has never really been my thing.

    Once I'm outside, Kye's in his wolf form and he's prowling between the two brown wolves that were fighting. I recognize Koda's large wolf from the day I stepped into the territory but I'm not sure who the other wolf is. Kye's wolf, Jax, is shoving the other wolf away while Raul and Roman try to pull Koda. Everyone else's standing around as confused as I am trying to figure out what's going on. I spot Kim, Willa, and Josie standing to the side and run over to them.

    "What the hell is going on?" I ask.

    "I don't know, we thought they were just playing around but then things got serious, they shifted, and then the fight broke out." Kim answers.

    I turn back to the chaos when the other wolf tries to fight Jax off. It's clear Jax could drop him in a second but I can tell he's holding back so he doesn't hurt him. No one wants to kill a pack member. When the wolf tries to bite into him, Jax obviously has had enough and before we know it, his long claws slice across of the brown wolf's side and it howls in pain before shifting back and falling to the ground. He's a blond haired guy I've seen around the house before and he clutches onto his side as blood oozes out of him. Kye angrily growls and I swear my ears ring. In sync, everyone bow their heads in submission and Koda's wolf finally cools it and also submits. They shift back and everyone keep their heads down in fear as Kye changes back into his clothes. I bow my head down too so he doesn't spot me in the crowd, not because I'll ever submit to his ass.

    I watch the guy on the ground as his wound begins to heal and he gets up holding onto his side still because of the slight discomfort you feel even after the gash disappears. It isn't until now when I realize how much I miss my werewolf abilities. Healing myself within seconds, my fur blowing in the wind as I sprint through the green lands, and so much more I took for granted. I fear I'll never get to experience those things again.

    "What the hell is going on!" Kye turns between the two guys.

    "Ask him! He got all angry because of some joke. He clearly wanted to fight just to fight." The other guy points over at Koda. You can feel the confusion in the air because Koda is known for his kind traits like helping prep meals in the morning and often bring over pack kids and helping them train, so him losing it over a joke doesn't sound like him at all. We all turn to him and Koda is just as confuse as we are, like he doesn't know what got over him. I'm not sure he even remembers.