𝟙 | 𝟚

Danny

     But then again, he practically left the door open for me so maybe it's not crazy

I slowly drag my feet towards his door and peek my head inside his room. He's nowhere in sight so I figure he went into the bathroom or something.

Stepping inside the dim room, I feel out of place as I stand awkwardly in the middle of the room. The door is still wide open behind me being the light that brightens it up a bit. As suspected, the colors of the room consist of black, white, and some hint of grey. The painting above his head board isn't a fruit bowl but a balance scale where on the right it's holding a crown tilting off of it and on the left, holding nothing. The side that has nothing tilts the scale down and weighs more than the side that lies the heavy crown. I know for sure it has a clear meaning behind it but I'll have to ask him about it another time.

I take a moment to explore with my eyes and look around while he's still in the bathroom. I would sit on his bed but my clothes are still damp from earlier so I lean on the bed pole instead.

When he finally comes out, he's still wearing his dress shirt and pants but the shirt is all the way unbuttoned so his white tank under is visible. The tank does no justice considering you can still see his abs outlines through it.

He turns on the tall lamp and I stand there awkwardly since he's yet to acknowledge my presence.

"I'm just gonna leave-" I head for the door but he grabs my wrist before I can move an inch away. Sparkly feelings ignite up inside me where his hand is touching mine and I close my eyes and release a breath. He's really got to give me a heads up when he's about to touch me. The feeling is extreme and leaves me feeling a little weak afterwards every time.

"I needed to hash some things out." He answers the question I've been waiting for him to give me. I want to deeper ask him about who he had to hash things out with but the look in his dark eyes plead me not to, so I listen and don't further ask him. He'll tell me when he's ready but knowing him, I'll have to force it out of him like always.

   "Okay." I nod. He still has a hand on my wrist and deep down I don't want the warm feeling he gives off to go away. His presence feels weirdly comforting considering how uneasy he makes me feel at times.

   He lets go eventually and hands me his wrist instead. I'm confused but when I notice the cuffs on his sleeve, I realize what he wants me to do again. He raises his eyebrows playfully and I refrain from melting right then and there.

I take out the first small silver sleeve cuff and go for the second one. While I'm doing that, his eyes drill the top of my head and I feel my heart catching speed which is embarrassing because I know he can hear it if he tries.

"I needed some help. The rogues knew the border guards switching routine and thankfully they didn't succeed but it made me realize that maybe I don't have control. For the first time, I-I don't know what I'm dealing with." He releases a breath as he speaks lowly while I take out the last cuff from his left wrist. Taking his other hand, I can tell how hard it was for him to tell me that because as an alpha, he has to be ready for any opposition. People might doubt him if they feel as though he doesn't know how to protect them and might even turn against him for his title.