𝟘 | 𝟠

Complicated

    "What took you so long?" Anya rolls down the window and yells as Willa pulls up in front of the house in a shiny grey car

"What took you so long?" Anya rolls down the window and yells as Willa pulls up in front of the house in a shiny grey car. I hop in behind the passenger seat and close the door.

    "Nice car." I compliment.

   "Courtesy to my wholesome mate." She cheeses.

    "Lucky. Lincoln needs to spoil me more." Anya whines in the front seat. "What about you? Found your mate yet?" She turns to look at me.

    I see Willa's face in the rear view mirror and she looks as nervous as me about the question. I mean it's no secret but it's something only a few of us know about.

    Anya looks between Willa and I confused. "What?"

    "It's Kye." I utter.

     "Kye Kye? Alpha Kye?" She gawks in shock. "Since when and why doesn't anyone know about it?"

    "Conversation never comes up I guess."

    "That explains why he let you off easy for that fight." Anya turns back around facing the front.

We drive for 30 minutes before reaching town. Everything looks more alive with shops and beautiful houses at every turn. It's bright outside with adults out about and in and out of stores carrying shopping bags. Kids are running around in the park and swing on the bars. I smile staring outside the window as everything pass by.

We park in front of a shop and walk in. I'm automatically taken back as we enter. The floor is a white marble and the interior looks expensive which scares me. There are different sections for dresses, tops, and, pants. Anya leads us to the tops and as we past a few girls, they give me an uncertain look.

Maya was always the one dragging me to go shopping and helped me pick out what I liked. I'm completely clueless as to what I want so I wander around looking out of place.

"What do you think about this?" Willa holds a top in front of me. It's a red top and it would look perfect with her skin and physique

"It looks cute, you should definitely buy it."

"You sure? Would it make my chest look weird?" She frowns.

"I'm sure." I assure her. She looks good in everything.

"What are you getting?"

"Still looking." I say.

I follow her to the dress section of the store and she's practically loosing her mind. She squeals excitedly as she picks out hangers after hangers of dresses. "Come on, let's go try these out!"

Anya picks out a few from her hand and she hands me some too. We go into the dressing rooms to change into them. As I put on a maroon dress, I peep the scars all over my body again. The dress stops a bit above my knees and I try pulling it down.