16: Giovanni's Genesis

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM @MorganGiglioBooks OR JOIN OUR DISCORD SERVER (LINK IN BIO) FOR EXCLUSIVE CONTENT AND UPDATES!

***

"Great work today!" Margaret smiled to me as I clutched the stack of papers tightly to my chest and started to head to the elevator

I turned and smiled "Thank you I'll see you tomorrow!"

"Harper wait up!" Genesis called as she caught up to me

"What's up?" I questioned looking over at her

She shrugged "Well nothing really I was just wondering if maybe you'd let me buy you a peace dinner or something tonight."

I have her a look as we stopped outside the elevator "A peace dinner?"

"Yeah I mean it's the least I can do." She smiled nervously

"Mhm, we'll I need to drop these off in Ms. West's office first," I stated with a shrug "but I'm free after."

"Alright I can go with you if that's alright, I have a few things to give her anyway." She smiled holding up a folder

I nodded "Okay I guess."

Ding!

We both stepped inside and stood awkwardly in silence on the ride up.

Ding!

I exited first and went to the office door knocking and hearing a "come in" before walking inside. Parker didn't even bother to look up as we went over but when we both set stuff down her head snapped up.

Her eyes settled on Genesis in an instant "Ah Genesis, are these the documents I requested?"

"Yes ma'am." She nodded

She turned, her eyes bearing into mine "And this is the completed marketing plan."

I nodded "Yes it is."

"Great," she nodded pausing and looking between the two of us "so I'm assuming you two have already introduced yourself since you'll be working together so much."

A bright pink blush covered Genesis's cheeks "Well we actually sort of knew each other already."

Parker turned to me seemingly scanning me for the answer to her unspoken question.

"Well isn't that nice." She stated with venom dripping from her tone

Clearly Genesis was oblivious as she continued on "Right, I was so excited when I realized it was her and now we're actually gonna catch up over dinner."

Parker now refuses to even look at me "Sounds fantastic, have fun."

"Thank you, have a great night!" Genesis stated turning to leave

I paused a moment too long and Parker looked up at me, her eyes seeming dark.

"Goodnight." I mumbled out

She nodded, before turning her attention back to the papers on her desk.

~Later That Night~

Genesis had offered to pick me up from my dorm after dropping my car off and getting ready which I had appreciated despite regretting having even agreed to go to dinner.

"So whose the girl?" Luna questioned with a smirk

I laughed as I continued straightening my hair "It's actually that girl I hooked up with forever ago."

"Which one?" She questioned

I looked around the corner glaring at her "The one who didn't tell me their name."