31: Too Far Gone

(A/N) ARE YOU AS EXCITED AS I AM FOR THE EARLY RELEASE OF TEN CHAPTERS?

I'm so excited to be finally releasing these next ten chapters and think you guys are going to love them! Thank you all so so much for reading and I hope you enjoy!

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM @MorganGiglioBooks OR JOIN OUR DISCORD SERVER (LINK IN BIO) FOR EXCLUSIVE CONTENT AND UPDATES!

***

Parker had given me my phone when we got back from brunch. She had also arranged for two guards to be on my detail starting tomorrow if I still wanted to go back to school. I had texted Luna and let her know I was alright, being super vague considering the situation and countless missed calls and texts from the past few days. Parker had brought me up to the sound proof metal room earlier in the day as well and had explained that me leaking secrets wasn't her main worry for letting me leave. It was actually, in all reality, for my safety. Hanging out with someone who has as big of a target on their back as Parker had some downsides and apparently one is that bad people may try to kidnap or kill you. In other words, yay me. I'm now in literal life threatening danger and I pretty much have to decide between risking the safety of others or not being able to go back to my old life for an undesignated period of time. You know standard run of the mill shit.

Parker had requested I take the night to think over the decision now that I knew everything but I had already made up my mind. She had invited me to swim and have dinner at her apartment tonight. First though, I had to run up to her office to get some work done and after I had decided to go to the basketball court to burn off some energy and stress. I was surprised to find Margaret, Jane, and Genesis shooting around when I walked in.

"Hey Harper long time no see." Margaret smiled over at me

Genesis looked up so quickly I swear she got whiplash in the process.

"Hey guys." I smiled nervously back at them

Jane seemed overly excited "Harper I'm so glad to run into you. I've been meaning to congratulate you on the marketing plan going so well. I'm sorry I was away on business for so long, I hope Margaret here took good care of things."

"Yeah she definitely did and thank you so much!" I smiled back at her

Genesis glared at me but nodded in my direction as if to say "hey fuck you."

"Any chance I could join your game?" I asked looking to Margaret

She nodded "Of course! Dibs on your team!"

I laughed in response and we all got situated before beginning the game. Jane started up top with the ball and checked it to Margaret before driving towards us. I kept my low stance and made direct eye contact with Genesis who glared back at me.

God I really pissed her off I guess.

Jane threw a weak pass towards Genesis but I reached out, intercepting it, and then dribbled outside the three point line. I passed over to Margaret who then dribbled past Jane and to the hoop for a layup that went in. The rest of the game was pretty back and forth but we ended up winning 10-8.

"Good game." I nodded to Genesis causing her to roll her eyes

"Good game." She mumbled crossing her arms over her chest

Margaret sighed "Alright what is going on with you two?"

Jane now chimed in "Yeah you two have been acting weird the whole game."

"Nothing." Genesis shrugged looking at the floor

I shrugged as they turned to me "Yeah it's nothing."