20: Tension

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM @MorganGiglioBooks OR JOIN OUR DISCORD SERVER (LINK IN BIO) FOR EXCLUSIVE CONTENT AND UPDATES!

***

It felt strange to be cuddled up close to Parker on her couch considering, well that she's my boss who secretly runs a secret government funded witness protection thing and who knows what else, but I wasn't complaining in the slightest. We had made a bowl of popcorn and Parker had grabbed some Hershey kisses from her "secret stash" before we settled in with a bottle of wine. We had been scrolling through movies for the past five minutes but still had yet to find anything we agreed on.

"How about a rom com?" Parker asked glancing over at me

Since we were sitting so close our lips were mere inches apart when I faced her "Um, yeah sure."

Her eyes flickered down to my lips for just a second before she looked back at the TV "How about this?"

"Sure." I stated not even bothering to look

She turned back, our eyes locking "You didn't even look."

I shrugged "Sorry, but yeah I'm good with whatever."

I turned and saw it was a movie called "The Hating Game" with Lucy Hale and I fucking love Lucy Hale!

"I've been wanting to watch this!" I exclaimed causing her to laugh softly and click play

"Good, we finally picked a movie." She smiled

We remained fairly focused on the movie, only whispering once in awhile about whatever was happening, until things started to get quite heated between the main characters. I shifted uncomfortably on the couch, feeling awkward watching something so sexual next to Parker.

More like you can't stop thinking what you'd like to do to Parker.

I glanced over at her and couldn't help but think about how hot it would be if I fucked her right on that ridiculously large desk of hers downstairs.

She glanced over, an unfamiliar look in her eyes "What are you thinking?"

Oh fuck.

I instantly shook my head "Nothing."

She licked her lips looking down at mine "You sure?"

Oh, fuck... that was hot as, well, fuck.

"It's a little, uh, awkward I guess, you know watching this with you." I mumbled out nervously

"Why?" She questioned leaning in closer by half an inch causing my heart rate to spike

The tension between us was so thick I swear to god I could hardly breathe.

Not even thinking I confidently replied "You know why."

She let out a shaky breathe clearly just as turned on as me "I want you so bad but I just feel like this, whatever it is, would be the end."

"What do you mean?" I questioned completely caught off guard by the statement

"I have no idea but I don't think I care." She replied before leaning in and capturing my lips with hers

In an instant I felt like a fire had ignited within me, fueled by the passion and started by the spark I could feel between us. As quickly as it had begun it ended and I felt like I had just crashed back to earth all the way from mars in a split second. Our eyes were locked on one another, a shared thought seemingly communicated between us with no words needing to be said.

Ring! Ring! Ring!

"Fuck, I'm sorry." She mumbled lamely grabbing her phone and standing up before putting it to her ear "Hello."

Talk about terrible timing.

"I understand, thank you." She stated pausing  to listen a second "Yes, bye."

She hung up and then let out a sigh as she put her phone into her pocket "Unfortunately I have a few things I need to handle."

She didn't make eye contact with me as I replied "That's okay."

"You can just hang out here, I'll be back." She stated, her voice quiet and seemingly distant in some way as she headed for the door

"Okay well, I'll see you later then." I half yelled back as she slammed the door closed behind herself

We'll what the fuck was that?

~4 Hours Later~

Parker had been gone for hours now but had been nice enough to send Charles down to cook for me. He had made chicken Alfredo and my god was it good! He had just left a little while ago and I was starting to grow extremely bored so I had decided to go for a swim. As I resurfaced I saw Parker standing at the edge with her arms crossed over her chest.

I smiled up at her wiping the water from my eyes "Hey you're back!"

"Yeah sorry it took so long." She replied smiling back at me

"That's okay, what happened?" I questioned causing her posture to change in an instant

"Nothing important now," she paused "so what did you have for dinner?"

"Chicken Alfredo, and it was delicious! There's some left for you I put away in the fridge. I can warm it up once I dry off." I stated climbing up the ladder

Her eyes instantly scanned over my body "Oh, uh, no, it's okay I can."

She turned and headed to the kitchen as I grabbed a towel "Thank you for letting me hang out here while you were gone. I'm surprised you trusted me in here alone."

She shrugged as she grabbed the leftovers out of the fridge "There's nothing important inside and two security guards right through the door."

"Good points." I laughed fully wrapping the towel around myself

She let her gaze settle on my tits for a second before I cleared my throat and she looked back up, a fiery red blush on her cheeks.

Damn I literally don't think I've ever seen her blush so hard but it's attractive as fuck.

She awkwardly scurried over to the cabinet and opened it pulling out a bowl and then a spoon from the drawer. I continued to dry off as she put the bowl into the microwave to cook.

"Could we finish our movie?" She asked smiling over at me

Hopefully we resume kissing as well.

"Most definitely." I grinned as I grabbed my clothes "I'll be right back."

I went into the bathroom and quickly changed before coming back out to see her already cozied up on the couch pulling the movie up. I hung my suit to dry and then went over and sat next to her.

"You ready?" She asked glancing over at me

I shook my head no "Not yet."

"What-" she started to say before I cut her off with another life ending, world stop spinning, out of this world kiss

A fire came ablaze between us in an instant, nothing like the fake one before us. I rested one hand on her hip, the other tugging slightly at her hair while pulling her closer. She let out a low moan that had me growing even more wet than before. Suddenly she pulled back catching me completely off guard at the abruptness of her movement.

"We need to pause a second." She mumbled out, her voice low and raspy

"I'm sorry did I do something wrong?" I questioned looking over at her

She avoided my gaze but shook her head "No I just, I'm a little embarrassed to say I don't quite trust myself to be able to stop if we kept going and I think it's better we uh," she paused finally looking at me, a strange innocent look on her face "take things slow I guess."

"Oh, okay yeah we can uh, take things slow." I nodded reaching over and taking her hand in mine "Anything you need."

***

(A/N) Please don't forget to like, comment, and follow! It really does help and I appreciate you all so much! ❤️