46: Overly Worried

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM @MorganGiglioBooks OR JOIN OUR DISCORD SERVER (LINK IN BIO) FOR EXCLUSIVE CONTENT AND UPDATES!

***

The ride felt like an eternity that was only bearable due to Parker's firm grip on my hand and our whispered conversations along the way. The two men were dressed completely in black and holding what appeared to be some form of AR's or something. They were rather quiet and didn't seem to have much of a sense of humor. Mr. North had continued researching into Sam's life, stopping every so often to whisper something to us before diving right back in. Suddenly we jolted to a stop and the engine cut off, all three of us falling silent as we heard the front door open and then close. Seconds later the back door was heard rolling up and then the hidden box door clinked open letting light spill in.

"We're here." Aaron stated causing all of us to stand and the two men to walk out first followed by us, Parker leading with Mr. North in back

I jumped down onto the concrete and looked around to see a giant garage like structure filled with various vehicles and even a couple aircrafts.

"What is this place?" I asked turning to Aaron

He shrugged "Home base for now."

I nodded and took a Parker's hand causing her to flinch slightly and look to Aaron who had a strange expression covering his features.

"Follow me." He stated before turning and leading us to a doorway

We all walked in, being met with a long concrete hall that had another doorway at the end. He opened it and we all continued to follow after him into a large concrete room that was absolutely buzzing with people. There were computers and wires scattered everywhere and guards with guns along each wall. I looked to Parker and she gave me smile, squeezing my hand for reassurance.

"Can you take us to our designated hall?" Parker asked causing Aaron to look back and give her a nod before leading us up a set of stairs on the right

"While you are here there will be some rules." Aaron stated as we climbed up "Firstly you cannot leave without permission under any circumstances. Secondly you cannot try to call or have outside communication if any kind as it could compromise our location. Thirdly, every gun must be registered with our safety team and you must get clearance to carry. You get a twenty four hour grace period with that solely because I already know you so please don't delay going and do not make me regret breaching protocol for you." He stopped turning to look at us, Parker nearly running right into him "Are we clear?"

"Yes sir." She nodded

He turned to me and Mr. North who both nodded and muttered out "Yes sir."

He turned back around and continued forward before stopping at a circular doorway "This is your dorming hall where you are all stationed as requested Parker. Everyone has already been added to the scanner here," he pointed to an screen on the left "so just show your face and then walk right in."

Parker went over, red beams scanning her face before the doors opened.

She turned to Aaron and he smiled "You'll find clean clothes and new shoes in each of your rooms. Everyone try to get some rest and we'll work on figuring out a plan of action tomorrow."

"Thank you." Parker smiled over to him

"Yeah thank you." I nodded

Mr. North awkwardly nodded to him as well "Thanks man."

Aaron gave him a strange look and then just shrugged to himself before walking away. Parker walked straight into the hall that had three doors on each side and one at the very end. Upon closer inspection I could see Parker's name on the first on the right and... Colton's on the first on the left.