Chapter 14 - Betrayed makes it sound like I was ever on your side

It was a surprisingly peaceful night. And the next morning went by fast with everyone getting ready.

I stood in the mission room over the map. I wanted to make sure I knew everywhere there could be someone.

"You like you are getting ready for war," Conner said from behind me.

"Sometimes I feel like it," I said.

"Are you sure this is what you want?" Conner asked.

"I don't have much of a choice," I said.

"There is always a choice, Percy," Conner said. "You're the one who taught me that."

"I don't want to fight Luke," I said with a sigh. "He was like my brother. But he's been influenced by Kronus. He won't be easy to reason with."

"Do you want to sit this one out?" Conner asked.

"My first mission as part of the team? The mission against my cousin?" I asked sarcastically. "Yeah no."

Conner gave a slight laugh. "Yeah I expected that."

"Percy!" Zatanna yelled.

I went running towards the commons. There she stood perfectly fine but with an Iris Message to Camp open.

"Chiron?" I asked.

"Percy," he said with a nod.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"The Oracle awoke," Chiron said.

"That is never a good thing," I said.

"What did she say?" Anthony asked, walking in.

"We wrote it down. I think it may help with your journey today. It says :

Child of Prophecies can askew the Great

Through living of the betrayer

No more hate allowed

Only Through The Killing of The Loved

Will the Heroes survive

"That has got to be one of the most controversial prophecies so far," Anthony said.

"Child of Prophecies? The Great? Is it talking about a child of Apollo?" I asked.

"Percy, we believe it is talking about you," Chiron said."We believe it is talking about the Great Prophecy of the Child of the Big Three."

"That does make sense," I said.

"I don't think you should change your plans," Chiron said. "Just keep this in mind. You can end this early if the correct opportunity arises."

"Thank you, Chiron," I said. He gave a nod then ended the call.

"We can end this," Anthony said.

"Like Chiron said. Let's stick to the plan," I said.

"You do know it sounds like you are going to have to kill him," Anthony said.

"I'm sure there are plenty of people who have loved over the years. She might not even have to kill him," Conner said glaring at Anthony.

"Guys don't," I said, sensing the argument that was coming. "We will cross that bridge when we get to it."

"The time will come," Anthony said.

"You seem really determined to have me kill him. Especially since he was basically your older brother," I said. Anthony flinched.