Chapter 2

Third Person's POV: Past

Song Y/N is a girl living in Gyeongnam, Tongyeong. She lives alongside her parents and has been living a pursuing life for as long as she can remember.

She is known to be one of the nicest students at school; always helping her classmates, volunteering for campaigns, and doing every favor her teachers ask her to. The teachers would always adore her for being the selfless person she is.

She never holds any grudge, even towards those people who would do her bad. For her, she believes that everyone goes through something in their life and it is reasonable for them to act that way towards her. She forgives people easily and doesn't ask for anything in return.

You can immediately tell why she's looked up by other people the moment you meet her. She's caring, considerate, and is a very generous person. But seeing how kind she is, other people would take advantage of this trait of hers, without her knowing.

Even so, her parents would always remind her that not everyone deserves her kindness, but she believes it otherwise and still continues on helping others, not knowing their true intentions towards her.

However, everything changed when her father died. From being optimistic and cheerful, she turned into a hopeless and apathetic person.

When her father, who was the breadwinner of the family, died, Y/N and her mother got into debt. Since her mother didn't have a job and is a housewife, they ended up using almost all of their savings just for them to pay for her father's funeral.

Since it took a while for Y/N's mom to find a job for herself, Y/N ended up not going into college at all. She was forced to look for a job that would sustain their needs.

After her mom had found a job, which was a vendor at a local market, she decided to let Y/N go to Seoul and look for a job, as there were more opportunities that were waiting for her there rather than working here in this little town of theirs.

In Y/N's first months in Seoul, she struggled a lot. From not knowing where to go and to not having a place to stay, Y/N dreaded staying in Seoul and there were a lot of times when she wanted to go back home.

But thinking of her mom and all the money they'd spent just for her to go to Seoul, she would only shrug off her thoughts of going back home and would eventually go back to looking for a job, putting all her feelings aside.

Thankfully, Y/N found a job in her third week in Seoul. She became a barista at a small cafe near the city and it lasted for more than two months.

Her job didn't last that long. She got fired after arriving late at work since she was busy looking for other jobs that night, which led her to waking up late in the morning.

Now, she's back looking for a job.

✦✧✦✧

Y/N's POV: Present

It's been weeks since I've started looking for a new job and I still haven't found one. I've been applying for every job opportunity that I would see in the newspaper and even in the shops in the city, but when I'm already applying for the position, they would always tell me that it's taken. Maybe I'm just really unlucky that's why other people would get the position first before I can.

While strolling through the city, I was starting to give up and was creating a plan inside my head on how I would tell my mom that I'd lost my job weeks ago and that I should just go home.