Chapter 11

In the middle of the boys' music show promotion week, Mr. Kim called both Jay and I to the company.

"Right." Mr. Kim stood at the side, checking something on his phone before looking at us and started talking again.

"You both should already have an idea why I called you here." He crossed his arms against his chest and smirked at the sight of us being confused.

"Is it because it's a Monday?" I asked, with my eyebrows slightly raised.

"No and also yes." Mr. Kim cleared his throat. "It's Monday and the boys don't have any schedule for today so I decided that it would be the perfect time where you both are going to do step two."

I gulped nervously after hearing Mr. Kim. I looked over at Jay and he didn't seem like he was nervous at all, he looked calm just like he was during step one.

"Since step one is holding hands, step two would be hugging each other." Mr. Kim smiled slightly, his eyes checking both of our reactions.

"Then what's step three? Are we gonna have to kiss or something?" Jay suddenly joked which made me turn my head towards him.

"Not quite, but it is like that." Mr. Kim answered.

Jay then looked down at the floor, feeling embarrassed after hearing that. His ear turned slightly red and he avoided Mr. Kim's gaze for a few seconds.

"Well we're still on step two so let's worry about that some other time." I chuckled nervously, trying to kill the awkward atmosphere.

"She's right. Now what are you waiting for? Get on with it then." Mr. Kim told us as Jay scratched the back of his head, following Mr. Kim's order.

We stood in the middle, in front of each other as we waited for Mr. Kim to tell us when to start.

We're both looking at Mr. Kim's direction and he only gestured "go" before we both faced each other.

Jay was a few inches taller than me so I don't see how we are suppose to make this work without me having to get on my toes to reach his height.

With the atmosphere getting heavier, I took a deep breath and shut my eyes, taking a small step forward as I opened my arms and embraced Jay.

I didn't get to reach his shoulders as I only hugged the middle part of his body. With my eyes still closed, I felt myself tremble a little with the sudden contact but I shrugged it all off thinking that it'll be over soon.

I heard Jay chuckle then I felt his hand on my shoulders, pushing me away from him. I opened my eyes and looked at him with my eyebrows furrowed.

I saw the look on his face as he was trying to hold back his laugh but he eventually bursted out of laughter, ignoring the fact that Mr. Kim is watching us.

"YAH! Jay, get yourself together. This isn't the time to be laughing." Mr. Kim slightly raised his voice at the boy who was laughing nonstop.

"Sorry manager-nim, I just couldn't help it. She looked so funny." Jay said and continued on laughing.

Mr. Kim stared at Jay, giving him a this-guy-is-unbelievable look while waiting for him to stop.

"Okay, okay, I'll stop." Jay said as he stopped laughing, wiping the tears that had formed on the side of his eyes.

He cleared his throat and stood straight. "I'll do it properly this time, I'm sorry." He told Mr. Kim and turned to look at me.

"Please don't do that again. You don't need to close your eyes when you're hugging someone, you just look like a kid who doesn't want to let go of his dad." He joked, laughing a bit.