Chapter 5

My alarm clock goes off, blaring all over the room, the sound ringing through my ears. Stretching my arms, I slowly turned it off and laid down on my bed again.

I inhaled lightly, shutting my eyes shut for the last time while my head is still resting on the large, soft pillow covered in silk. The white, fluffy comforter placed on top of me, keeping me warm from the cold air ventilated by the air conditioner.

I finally stood up from my bed, walking straight towards the big windows in my bedroom, pushing the curtains to the side, as the rays of sunlight lit up my room.

I sat on the side of the bed and grabbed my phone, checking to see if I received any text from my mom, and there was.

__________________________________________

Mom

I'm sorry I didn't answer
your call, dear. I was so
busy last night that I
didn't hear it.

I'll call you next time
if I have some free time.
I'll text you first before
calling so I wouldn't
disturb you from
working. I love you, Y/N.
Take care.

It's okay mom, don't
worry. I understand :))

I promise to wait for
your call next time.
I love you mom <3

__________________________________________

After sending a text to my mom, I started fixing my bed and heading to the bathroom to get ready for the day.

I wore a decent outfit, pairing it with a mini fashionable backpack, and topping it off with my plain baseball cap.

✦✧✦✧

While I was on the bus, I searched for nearby shops where I can eat my brunch. I saw that there was Egg Drop nearby so I decided to go there.

Once I was inside the store, I stood in line and waited for my turn. When I was in front of the cashier, I ordered my sandwich together with a bottle of water.

I settled on one of the tables before beginning to eat my brunch. I checked the time, to make sure I'm not late for work and it says, 11:56 am. Great, I still have an hour or so left.

The next thing that I did after finishing my meal is that I rode the bus once again, going directly to Hybe building.

I went inside and checked the time once again. 12:41 pm. I'm still a few minutes early from our meeting time.

Now that I'm here, I just needed to go to the practice room and meet Mr. Kim. But wait, where is this practice room? My eyes widened and I freaked out a bit after realizing that I didn't know where it was located.

I quickly approached the receptionist's desk and was ready to ask where the practice room is when I saw a sign in the middle that says, 'Lunch time, will be back at 1pm.'

I was now completely panicking while walking around the lobby to calm my nerves down. I can't just wait for the lady to come back, then I would be late for my first day. I bit my nails, tapping my right foot anxiously as I look for another way.

I had the sudden thought of asking other people about it but I wasn't sure who to ask. There were only a few people who were coming inside and majority of them have already went to the elevator to the other floors. So there was no one I could ask to help me with the way.