Chapter 13

The proceeding days after the first rehearsals went exactly the same.

In the afternoon, the other group comes to the company to do their practice every 2 or sometimes 4 hours. 

As usual, I always go with the boys during practice and stay there until it's over. I don't actually get why Mr. Kim is still asking me to stay when in fact, they don't need me there at all.

I feel completely useless just sitting there all day, watching them and only to end up seeing Jay all hyped up whenever the other group arrives.

There were only 5 days left until their performance and I couldn't wait for these rehearsals to be over.

As they were busy practicing, I looked at Jay who was dancing in front. For the past few days, he didn't seem like he's tired at all. 

The other boys would sometimes make some lame excuses just so their practice could get cancelled but Jay on the other hand, would always dodge their excuses and explain to Mr. Kim that they don't really mean it at all.

The main part of the choreography then came, with Jay and Isa dancing in the middle. Certain thoughts came running inside my head as I was watching them together. 

I'm starting to think that maybe he likes her. That's why he acts that way towards her.

I didn't notice that I was watching them for so long not until I heard Heeseung speak from beside me, "You're staring."

"Oh, am I?" I shook my head and looked down a bit embarrassed. "Sorry." Heeseung chuckled at my response and sat beside me. "So, why were you looking at them like that?"

"It's nothing." I tried to laugh it all off but I ended up showing my nervous side. 

"Ah. I know what you're thinking." Heeseung says, moving his gaze to Jay and Isa. "Don't worry, I've known Jay for so long that I can assure you that he wouldn't just break the contract just because of his silly little liking." He smiled, standing up.

As Heeseung went back to his place, I couldn't help but to think of his words. So does that mean I'm right? Does Jay really like Isa?

I shrugged, pushing all of my thoughts away. I tried to focus on looking at the other members while dancing and less at Jay so that I can forget about the lingering doubts inside my mind earlier.

✦✧✦✧

When practice was already over, I immediately grabbed a towel and stood up to give it to Jay.

I waited for them to approach my direction and when they reached my side, I held out my hand that was holding the towel at Jay.

"Here you go." I said, and was about to hand him the towel when another hand appeared from beside me, holding a tissue.

"You should use these instead, you don't want your makeup smudging on your face." Isa, who was now standing beside me spoke.

"Uh..." Jay hesitated for a while but proceeded to get the tissue from Isa's hand. "She's right. Thank you for this." He wiped his face using the tissue and went to get water.

Isa smiled sweetly at Jay before he left and gave me a side-eye as she walked back to her members. 

I was left there dumbfounded still holding the towel with my hand when Jungwon approached me. "Don't worry noona, I'll use that instead." He said, getting the towel from my hand.

Jungwon looked at Jay with his eyebrows furrowed, as if he was questioning Jay's actions. "We're not wearing any makeup at all." He mumbled, but it was loud enough for me to hear.

"Thank you noona." Jungwon said, facing me while holding the towel. "You're welcome." He gave me a slight smile and headed towards Jay.

I sighed when Jungwon left. I was beginning to worry that because of the way Jay is acting, people might notice that we aren't dating for real.

✦✧✦✧

On my way home, I was walking through the hallways with my phone in my hand. I clicked on Mr. Yoon's name on my contact list and started texting him when I bumped into someone.

"Oh, I'm sorry." I said looking up, but my eyes widened when I saw who it was.

It was Isa. She was leaning on the wall with her arms crossed against her chest while giving me a judgy look. She was slightly taller than me which made me a bit intimidated.

I tried to cut the tension that was forming between us and walked past her, avoiding any unnecessary eye contact. 

I exhaled deeply when I was already a few steps away from her, a feeling of relief taking over my chest.

"You know, Jay doesn't tell me much about you."

I stopped in my tracks, hesitating whether I should turn around or not. But what she said next made me do so.

"It's something I find weird. For all I know, when you're dating someone, you should at least talk about them when you have a chance and some even boast about their signicant other. But that's not the case for you."

Now facing her, with my eyebrows furrowed, I began to question her. "What do you want? Why are you bringing up Jay all of a sudden?"

She smirked and started walking, filling the gap between us. "Well to me, it looks like you're not a real couple. Basing on how Jay treats you, I can tell that you're not really dating."

"Of course we are." Those were the only words that came out of my mouth. I didn't dare to say anything rude to Isa considering that she's an idol and I don't want to get involved with celebrity scandals.

She laughed at my reply. "Okay then, if that's what you say. Let's just see how long you can keep up with this facade of yours." With that, she left.

I stood there frozen on the spot where Isa left me. I knew this would happen. Jay was acting obvious enough. That's why Isa can see through us both.

I groaned and looked at the time. It wasn't that late and maybe the boys are still here. Ugh, I can't believe I'm going back. I thought to myself before turning around and beginning to run.

I have to find Jay.