Chapter 7

The next day, we were advised to go to some place where we think a lot of people would be. Jay said that he already thought of one and we are now inside the car, headed to our destination.

"Where are we going?" I asked Jay, who was sitting in the front. "To the mall." He quickly answered.

A few minutes of the car ride, we arrived at our destination. Mr. Yoon pulled up the car a little bit far from the entrance.

"Um, why did we stop? I think the entrance is that way." I pointed my hand towards the way in.

"Well, Mr. Kim told me to drop you off far from the entrance so you can walk there together." Mr. Yoon replied, looking at both Jay and I.

"Okay then let's go." Jay opened the door but Mr. Yoon stopped him before he could even leave the car.

"One more thing, Mr. Kim said you'll need to walk there while holding hands." Mr. Yoon added.

Jay scoffed and exited the car. He stood outside with his arms crossed against his chest while looking at me. "What are you waiting for? Let's go."

"Oh right." I immediately went out of the car and stood next to Jay as I said goodbye to Mr. Yoon. "Have fun." Mr. Yoon told us before leaving.

We both stood there awkwardly for about a minute. Then, Jay grabbed my hand and intertwined it with his before pulling me towards the entrance without saying any word.

Once we were inside, he let go of my hand and said, "Let's just do it again later since there's not much people inside."

I nodded at him and ran my eyes through the inside of the mall. He was right, there are only a few people here. But it's a Saturday, people usually go to the mall during weekends.

"So, why did you suggest going here?" I asked.

"It's Sunoo's birthday tomorrow and I still haven't bought him a present." Jay admitted with his eyebrows arched, thinking of what to buy.

"It is?" I asked surprised. "What are you going to give him?"

"I'm thinking of buying him a perfume since he liked the scent of a certain one after we did a live of reviewing perfumes together. I'm going to buy him something similar to it." Jay said while we were taking the escalator.

"That's cute, I think he'll love it." I said. "Do you really think he will?" Jay asked me, as he was still unsure of his decision.

"Yeah, I'm sure he'll be excited to use it once he opened your present." I gave him a reassuring smile to help him get rid of his worries.

✦✧✦✧

We entered a perfume store and the employee approached us and asked how he might help us with.

Jay asked if they have a perfume brand that he was looking for and the employee said yes while leading us towards the area where it was stored.

While Jay was busy smelling the perfumes and examining them one by one, I stood next to him, not moving from my place, seeing that the perfumes around me were fragile and expensive. With one wrong move, I might break them and it may lead to us paying for a large amount.

Jay stopped what he was doing when he saw me. "Why are you standing like that? Do you want to pee or something?" He asked.

"No." I answered a bit embarrassed. "I'm just not used to being around things that are fragile, so I chose not to move."

"Why don't you buy us something to eat rather than standing there awkwardly." Jay suggested and pulled his wallet out of his pocket while handing me some money.