Chapter 19

Mr. Kim told us to go home and pack our things as we are going to leave the moment that we are done.

He also informed us that Mr. Yoon will be the one that will drive us up until Tongyeong as we can't use the bus given that our safety won't be guaranteed if ever fans saw us outside without any bodyguards.

On the way home, Mr. Yoon dropped off Jay first since his dorm is closer than where I live. Then, he dropped me after, saying that both him and Jay are going to go back later by the time that Jay's done.

Back home, I didn't know what I was going to do first as I was too preoccupied with the thought of my mom. I tried to calm myself down and at the end, I wasn't sure if I did pack everything I need correctly.

I hurriedly went downstairs when I was done and I was met with Jay, who was standing by the entrance waiting for me.

When he saw me with my bag, he immediately came running towards me, taking it off from my shoulders and carrying it up to the car.

Mr. Yoon grabbed my stuff from Jay and placed it at the back of the car, together where the other bags are.

I exhaled deeply when I was already sitting in the car, trying to calm my nerves down. Jay must've noticed how nervous I was since he held my hand and squeezed it gently, giving me a reassuring smile.

"Don't worry, your mom's going to be okay." I smiled and slowly nodded at him, thankful that he was comforting me.

The car ride from Seoul to Tongyeong is almost 4 hours which means that we're going to arrive there by dusk.

I was fidgety the whole ride and I can't seem to focus about anything else besides my mom. I kept looking at my phone, checking to see if there are any messages from Aunt Minyoung but there wasn't.

Staring at the window for a few hours, I felt sleepiness get to me slowly. I yawned and tried to blink several times, preventing myself from dozing off.

"Hey." Jay called me which made me turn to his side. "You should rest." I shook my head, disagreeing with him. "I'm okay."

I yawned once again, making it obvious that I was lying. "C'mon you don't wanna look tired when you meet your mom. You'll make her worried."

I sighed and said, "You're right." Jay gave me a small smile and tapped his shoulder, telling me to lean on him.

"I'm fine. Thank you." I felt a bit shy with his sudden gesture that I suddenly declined his offer.

"Okay then, suit yourself." Jay told me as I began leaning back on my seat, trying to find the perfect position to sleep.

When I woke up, I ended up leaning on Jay's shoulder without me noticing it. I tried to move my head but as it turns out, Jay was asleep too and he had his head leaning slightly on top of mine.

I flinched with my sudden realization as Jay slowly woke up when he felt me move. I shut my eyes shut, feeling guilty and forced myself back to sleep. But I couldn't.

"Y/N? Are you awake?" Jay said softly, not wanting to wake me up if I was still sleeping. "Uh... yeah I am. Thank you." I gently moved away from him, awkwardly smiling at him.

It's a good thing that he was still a bit groggy that he didn't notice how awkward and embarrassed I was.

"Um... Mr. Yoon, are we almost there?" I asked, looking at the familiar direction that we were going.

"Only less than an hour left and we're there already." Mr. Yoon answered. "Okay, thank you Mr. Yoon." I replied, checking the time from my phone.

As I was looking at the way that we were going, I heard a rumbling sound from beside me. I turned around, catching Jay's attention as he awkwardly smiles at me.