Chapter 16

At first, I thought that I was dreaming. But after seeing Jay in front of me, feeling nervous the same way as I am for whatever reason, I knew this wasn't a dream.

I stared at him from head to toe, waiting for his reply. He didn't reply to me immediately which is something that is unlikely of him.

Whenever I ask him something, he would always reply back and would sometimes teach me a life lesson about a thing or two.

But this time, it was different. He looks so shy and embarrassed about something. He scratches the back of his head, looking down and avoiding eye contact.

He exhaled deeply before saying, "Look Y/N, I came here to apologize." He was about to say something else when I stopped him.

"Why are you telling me this now? You could've just went here tomorrow. I mean– it's the middle of the night and both of us should be sleeping."

Jay was taken aback with my reply, as if he didn't expect me to say such thing. He closed his eyes shut and sighed.

"I came here because I can't sleep thinking about it. Maybe it's the guilt or something else but it's been wondering inside my head all day that's why I went to your place without thinking about anything else but you."

"Before you react and say something, I just want to say sorry first." He continued, locking his gaze at me, his eyes trembling a bit.

"I'm sorry Y/N. I should've listened to you when I had the chance and now I don't even know if I am someone you can trust anymore. I know that this relationship of ours is fake but I want us to be comfortable with each other and learn to trust in any way. But I'm afraid I failed in that part."

"So I'm asking you Y/N, will you forgive me? I promise to be a better person than I was before." He held my hands which quite startled me.

"Of course Jay, why wouldn't I? It's not like you did something really bad that I–" I didn't even get to finish my sentence as he embraced me in a hug.

My eyes widened and I stood frozen in my place as I felt his arms hug me tight. This is the first time that he hugged me genuinely and not staged.

"Thank you. You don't know how much it means to me." He said softly.

He pulled away, clearing his throat after. I looked at him, waiting for him to leave but he didn't. He just stared back at me and gave me a small smile.

He then scratched the side of his head and said, "I was uhh, thinking that maybe we can hangout tomorrow so that I can make up to you."

"Are you free tomorrow?" He asked.

"Me? I– I am. It's not like I have anything to do anyways." I said, slightly laughing.

"Oh but wait, how about the collab stage? Don't you have a practice tomorrow?" I furrowed my eyebrows as I waited for his reply.

"Um, about that." Jay looks down at the floor before continuing. "You see, it was cancelled."

"WHAT?" My eyes widened. "How? I mean, why? Didn't you guys prepared so much for it?"

"Well, the thing is that we saw who Isa really is and what her true intentions are. And because of that, I chose not to perform with someone like her which lead to it being cancelled."

"Oh..." I mumbled in realization. "I'm sorry, I think it's my fault that Isa acted that way."

"HUH?" This time, it was Jay who was shocked. "No, it's not your fault. You don't need to say sorry. She's was always like that, I was just too blind to see it."