Chapter 6

We were back once again at the company's practice room 6 days after Jay and I were both spotted in the park.

Ever since the rumor began, fans and nonfans started flooding the internet with Jay's pictures and speculations on who might be the person he's with.

Mr. Kim was right the whole time. It seems that people have directed their attention towards the new rumor about Jay while forgetting that the last one had ever existed. Some may still remember it but, the majority of them had their focus on the new one.

"You did a good job before and it's time for you both to step up your game." Mr. Kim, who was standing in front of us, said.

I furrowed my eyebrows and glanced at Jay, who was at my side, thinking if he had any idea about what Mr. Kim is telling us. But he was confused as I was as I saw his questionable look towards Mr. Kim.

Mr. Kim chuckled, "What I'm trying to say here is that our first goal was to make people notice you two in public and as you can see, we made pass that."

"The next thing that I will be asking you to do is that this time, when you both go out in public again, you will reveal yourselves as a couple who have been together for a long time now."

"How are we suppose to do that?" Jay asked, stepping upfront.

"Well of course you're not going out there and make a big announcement to everyone. First, you'll have to show them that you're a couple. You're going to act like one and give some obvious signs like walking down the streets hand in hand or hugging each other whi–"

"Okay, okay, I get it." Jay says annoyed, cutting Mr. Kim off.

"Good. Now you need to remember that what you're going to do next is very important and if you two don't act properly, then people will suspect your relationship and they will find out that all of this is fake."

"Oh and another thing, it's just the first time that you two went out in public and others have already thought that it was fake even if you haven't done anything yet." He added, taking his phone out and showing us the comments from the article.

══════════════════════════

Comments:

kpopsucks: they're obviously doing this to cover up that rumor about jay

enhypendisband: This won't change the fact that Jay is still a bad guy and he deserves to be punished to what he did to the fan.

multifandom321: i seriously hate the kpop industry now, they're trying so hard just for us to forget what their artist did last time.

jayismine: don't tell me that's his girlfriend?!??! if she is, istg i'm going to find that girl

notanengene: No, this won't work out. Can't they understand that we need an apology from Jay not another rumor. smh

══════════════════════════

"Your actions will not only affect you two but also our whole cover itself, so I need you both to do well, got it?" Mr. Kim raised his eyebrows, waiting for neither one of us to reply. "Yes, sir." I gently spoke.

✦✧✦✧

The next thing I knew was that Jay and I were sitting on a separate chair, facing each other. Mr. Kim was on the side, with his arms crossed, ready to tell us what to do.

"In your months of dating, you will both need to practice and improve your skinship with one another step-by-step. Step one is that you're going to practice holding each other's hand." Mr. Kim spoke.

I felt a bit tensed after hearing Mr. Kim's words. I haven't really held a guy's hand except for my father. Yes, we did a hand shake before, but intertwining my hand with his is far more different from that.

"Easy." Jay said shrugging his shoulders as he positioned his hand in front of me, waiting for me to put my hand on his.

I gulped nervously, pulling my hand out, then I stopped when my hand was already in front of his. Feeling my hand shake a bit, I slowly placed it on Jay's.

When our hands were already touching each other, he was the first one to lower down his fingers on the back of my hand.

He turned his attention to me. "What are you waiting for? It's your turn." He says as if holding my hand isn't a big deal. "Oh, okay." I can feel the hint of anxiousness in my voice.

I did what he told me and intertwined my hand with his. I felt shivers down the back of my spine the moment I held his hand in mine.

My body flinched at the sudden physical contact that we made and I could tell that Jay noticed how uneasy I felt as he let go of my hand after he saw me react.

"Why did you stop? You're already both doing well." We heard Mr. Kim said from the side.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Kim. I was quite startled so I let go of his hand. I'll try to do better this time." I responded and Mr. Kim nodded at me.

"Okay." I said facing Jay, fixing my sitting position as I took a deep breath. "Let's try this one more time."

Again, I waited for Jay to bring his hand closer to mine but a few seconds had already passed and he still wasn't doing it.

I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at his eyes, signaling for him to initiate the contact. He sighed and didn't break his eye contact with me.

"I saw how uncomfortable you looked earlier so I guess it would be better if you'll start first this time."

"Oh?" I was taken aback by his words. I didn't expect him to act generous towards me. "S– sure, I'll start first. Thank you." I told him.

I took out my hand slowly and waited for him to do the same. My hand was slightly trembling when it was already in front of him.

Jay was quick to put his hand in mine, gently intertwining and stopping it from quivering.

Then, he moved his gaze at me before looking back at our hands intertwined. It's as if he was checking to see what my reaction would be.

But this time, I didn't flinch or do anything else. I was rather comfortable compared to what I was feeling earlier. I think it was all because of what he said earlier. His words of assurance made me more confident than before.

Our hands stayed like that for a couple of minutes, still not letting go as we waited for Mr. Kim to tell us what to do next.

"Okay, that's good. You can let go now." Mr. Kim says, finishing it with a clap.

He then approached us with a huge smile on his face. "You both did a great job. If you keep that up, then people won't doubt your relationship anymore."

I chuckled nervously while Jay scoffed when he Mr. Kim was done talking. "You both need to practice it some more before you can go home. By tomorrow you'll go out in public once again and apply what you have practiced."

"Is it all clear?" Mr. Kim asked, glancing at the two of us.

"Crystal." Jay replied, crossing his arms. "Good. Now it's time for you both to go back to practicing." Mr. Kim said and Jay groaned loudly.