Chapter 12

Jake's POV:

"Now, does everyone get it?" The producer asked us, his eyes scanning each one of us. "Yes." We all replied in unison.

"Also, you're all going to practice in Hybe's practice room since it's more spacious and it will allow you to move freely. It'll be three and a half weeks from now so you better start practicing." He added.

"That's about it." The producer clapped his hands. "If anyone does have any comments about the performance or if you want to change anything just tell me. Don't be shy to approach me, I'm open to anything." He smiled at us.

We all said our goodbye to each other, the same as the producer. As the other group began to leave, I approached producer-nim who was also walking away.

"Excuse me, but may I ask you something?" He raised his eyebrows, indicating for me to continue.

"Um, you do know that Jay has a girlfriend, right?" The producer just nodded, doesn't seem to be intrigued with my question.

"Well, why did you choose him to be the male lead? Wouldn't that cause the spread of controversies?" I asked. "I'm sorry for being straightforward. I'm just trying to protect my friend's image."

"Yeah, don't worry about it. I understand." The producer told me, nodding his head in agreement.

"But let me tell you this, they're just performing so there's nothing to worry about. I'm not gonna ask them to do something that is not part of the show." He placed a hand on my shoulder, patting it lightly.

"Just look at Jay, he doesn't seem like he is bothered at all." Moving my gaze to Jay, I saw that producer-nim was right. He shows no sign of being anxious at all. In fact, he seemed happy after his role was assigned to him.

"You're right producer-nim. Maybe I'm just overreacting." I sighed, scratching the back of my head.

"That's alright. So if you still have any concerns regarding the performance in the future, just come to me and I'll try my best to see what I can do." The producer reassured me and I smiled, thanking him.

✦✧✦✧

Y/N's POV:

At home, I sat on the sofa, watching a drama on the TV as my phone began ringing. I grabbed the remote beside me and pressed the pause button.

I looked at the caller ID and realized it was Mr. Kim. "Hello?" I said upon picking up the phone.

"Y/N, I need you to go to the company in 10 minutes, we need to discuss something." Mr. Kim responded, getting straight to the point.

"Okay, but what is it about?" I blinked multiple times, starting to get anxious to what Mr. Kim is saying.

"It's about Jay and this performance that they have to do. I'll explain the rest later." With that, Mr. Kim hanged up.

"Pfft." I scoffed putting my phone down. He didn't even say goodbye and just left me here hanging.

With that, I turned off the TV and began to get ready since I need to leave already.

✦✧✦✧

At the company, I arrived just in time and I noticed that the boys weren't there yet so I sat on the sofa in the lobby and waited for them.

I saw their van stop near the entrance as the boys got out one-by-one. I stood up from where I was sitting and walked closer to them.

Sunoo gasped when he saw me. "Noona!" He exclaimed, pulling me into a hug. "I missed you." He said, with a huge grin on his face.