Chapter 14

While running, I saw Sunghoon walking with his phone in his hand, going the opposite direction.

"Sunghoon-ah." I called out as he looked up from his phone. His eyebrows raised when he saw me. "What are you still doing here?"

"I need to talk to Jay, have you seen him?" "Oh, um..." he turned around, looking at where he last spotted Jay. "Ah, I think I saw him in one of the changing rooms earlier."

"It's the one on the right." He pointed at the direction that he was referring to and I nodded.

"Okay, thanks." I said and headed to the way he pointed.

One of the doors in the changing room was open and when I peaked inside, I saw Jay. I exhaled, relieved that he was still there.

I knocked on the door, getting his attention and he was quite startled when he saw me. "I thought you went home already."

"I didn't. I went back since I needed to take care of some things." I said and Jay nodded.

"So, uh... Jay, can we talk?" I carefully asked. "What's it about?" He replied, raising his eyebrows.

"It's something important." I replied, uneasy. "Well if it is, then go in. We can talk about it inside." He opens the door wide, letting me enter the room.

I sat on the sofa that was beside the window when I went inside. Jay looked at me seriously, waiting for me to talk. I cleared my throat before saying, "What do you think of Isa?"

Jay didn't keep his serious face for long as he burst out laughing after hearing what I just said. "Is this what you wanted to tell me?" He said, in between laughs.

I sighed embarrassed, then I fixed my posture, looking at him again. "I'm serious Jay. Please answer my question."

"S– sure." He cleared his throat, preventing himself from laughing even more.

"Um..." he started off. "I think she's pretty, has great dancing skills, a fast learner too since she gets the choreo at a fast pace. She has this charisma that I feel every time we dance together. And those eyes, damn they're beautiful–"

"Okay, okay, I get it. Can you please stop now?" I said, cutting him off. This time, it was Jay who was embarrassed as he was scratching the back of his head, his cheeks tinted red.

"Do you like her?" I was shocked at the words that suddenly came out of my mouth. I didn't want to be straightforward with him but something about what he said made me.

"Oh, I uh..." his eyes widened, looking at everything else inside the room except for me as he was trying to avoid making any eye contact.

"N– no. Why would you say that? I should already have a girlfriend now, right? Why would I like someone else?"

"By the looks of it, you do." I said and he looked at me shocked, as if I revealed something that wasn't obvious already.

I raised a single brow and crossed my arms against my chest, trying to make him admit it.

"Fine." He finally stopped dodging my questions. "You're right. I do like her."

I sighed. I knew it.

"Well, I hate to break it to you but she's not the dream girl you think she is." I said, shrugging. "What? What do you mean?" Jay said, looking at me weirdly.

"It's not that I'm trying to ruin the fantasies that you had in your mind. It's just that, she's acting really mean towards me and I think she's planning to break our 'relationship' by making you fall for her." I said, putting emphasis on the word relationship.