Chapter 24

The next day, I called Jake over to talk about the "Jay situation" that I am in and maybe he can help me figure things out.

I was greeted with a smiling Jake when I opened the door. "Y/N, good to see you." He said, embracing me in a hug.

"Good to see you too, Jake. Thank you for coming." I replied, hugging him back.

"Come in." I gestured for him to go inside, once we were done greeting each other.

"Woah. Your place looks really cool." He complimented, looking around. He immediately started running, checking every other corner of the house — from the rooms, kitchen, and at the balcony.

I laughed seeing him get all excited. "Why didn't you invite me here sooner? It's too bad that I only got to see this now." He pouted, sitting down on the sofa.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know you would like it here." I sat beside him. "And Jay has been here several times? That's kinda unfair, Y/N." He crossed his arms, sulking.

"Hey, I really am sorry Jake. Please forgive me." I placed my hands on his arms, shaking him a bit.

"I was just kidding Y/N, you know I wouldn't get mad at you." He chuckled, shuffling my hair. "So, why did you asked me to go here all of a sudden?" He tilted his head, waiting for my answer.

"I just needed someone to ask for an advice. Who else can I ask?" I replied, crossing my arms and leaning back.

"Okay, but what kind of advice?" Jake asked. I sighed, glancing at him. "Well, it's about, um..."

"Come on Y/N, you can tell me anything." Jake said and I could tell that he was being serious.

With a sharp exhale, I asked him, "You remember that Jay and I went to a dinner last night, right?" Jake immediately nodded, his eyes anticipating on what I'm going to say next.

"That's not the only thing that happened because Jay also confessed to me last night." I blurted out.

"No way, HE DID WHAT?" Jake said, with a shocked expression on his face. "I knew he had feelings for you, but I didn't know that it was that serious." He shook his head in disbelief.

"What did you tell him?" His eyes widened, intrigued with the whole situation. "He told me to take my time in giving him an answer so that's what I did... I didn't give him my answer yet."

"What do you think I should do, Jake? Please help me." I pleaded as Jake sat properly, looking up, and thinking of a solution.

"First off, how do you feel about Jay? Do you like him the same way?" He asked, making me think for a second.

"I don't know." I said in a low voice, looking down. "I mean I do, but the contract said not to fall for each other. And if I did tell Jay how I really feel, isn't that like breaking the contract?"

I shook my head, facing Jake. "You know, if Jay screws this up, then the group's whole career will be on the line." I sighed. "And I don't want that to happen."

Jake held both of my hands and looked at me sincerely before saying, "Y/N, forget about the contract. Just be honest with Jay and tell him how you truly feel. Don't let the contract stand in the way of what your heart desires."

"Don't worry about us, but worry about yourself and how are you going to handle leaving without telling Jay about your feelings." He added.

"I guess... but how do you think your fans are going to react? Will they be okay with me and Jay being together?" I shrugged, beginning to doubt myself.

"Look Y/N, the fans already think that you're a real couple, and they'll keep thinking that way once you start dating for real. So it doesn't matter what they think. Only the company and us knows about the contract." Jake replied, a comforting smile appearing on his face.