Chapter 8

Back at the company, Jay and I ate our takeout at the cafeteria. We were the only ones there since lunch time ended hours ago.

He sat on a different table from where I was, making him a little distant, far away from me. As I was done, I looked over at Jay who was still busy eating his food. I didn't leave yet since I didn't want to leave him by himself in this massive cafeteria.

He gave me a look while taking a bite of his food as he must've noticed that I was still staying there even though I was done eating. "What are you still doing here?" He asked, his mouth full of food.

"I'm waiting for you to finish so we can go together." I answered.

He drank from his softdrink, swallowing the food in his mouth before saying, "Thank you, but I didn't ask you to wait for me." He shooed his hand. "Go now."

I sighed and began to stand up from my chair. I took my things and the trash from the food that I ate and threw them out. I was on my way to the exit when Mr. Kim came in.

"Mr. Kim, what are you doing here?" I confusedly asked the man in front of me. "I came by to say, congratulations to the both of you." He smiled at me then shifted his look to Jay afterwards.

"Why?" Jay stood up from his chair, leaving his food behind. Mr. Kim raised his eyebrows while looking at Jay and said, "Well didn't you just announce in public that she's your girlfriend?"

"Ohh, that." I said and stared at Jay, waiting to see his reaction. Jay scoffed and went back to his seat, continuing to eat his food. "There's nothing to congratulate us for. It's part of our job, isn't it?"

"Even so, you still did a pretty good job and I must say, you both exceeded my expectations." Mr. Kim said, ignoring Jay's rude remark. "If you keep up the good work, maybe this agenda of ours will be over in no time." He added.

After that, Mr. Kim turned his back against us and began to walk his way out. He stopped before opening the door, holding the handle with his right hand.

"Before I forget, Jay, you'll have to stop by the studio after this. You have a recording session which was supposedly on the day that you both went out."

"So, does that mean I can go home?" I asked excitedly, with the hopes of leaving early.

"No." Mr. Kim answered. I sighed and looked down as I felt my mood drop after hearing his answer.

"You need to go with Jay while he is recording. You'll both leave when it's over." Mr. Kim explained, looking at both of us.

"What?" Jay shouted from across the room. "Does she really have to go with me?" He shook his head sideways, getting a bit annoyed at Mr. Kim.

"You don't have to go if you don't want to. I can accompany myself." Jay told me, not caring that Mr. Kim was still inside the room.

I opened my mouth and was about to say okay but Mr. Kim spoke, "It's not a request Y/N. You have to do what I told you."

"Besides, Jay isn't your boss, so you follow what I tell you, not him." Mr. Kim crossed his arms against his chest and glared at Jay.

"Ugh, okay she can go." Jay groaned, rolling his eyes. "Come on." He told me. "Wait, we're leaving already? Aren't you going to finish your food?"

"I'm done eating." He said, heading outside, leaving Mr. Kim and I inside. I turned to Mr. Kim and bowed slightly before going outside and catching up with Jay.

✦✧✦✧

When we got inside the studio, I saw a guy sitting on a chair in front of the recording booth who I assumed was the producer.