Chapter 9

Sitting on one of the stools with a bowl of cereal placed on the countertop, I lazily ate my breakfast while thinking of my schedule for today.

I didn't have anything planned with me so I woke up pretty late than usual, glad that I won't be busy for the day.

While I was eating, my phone rang and I was surprised to see the caller ID of the person calling. It was Jake, and it is the first time I received a call from neither one of the members, not even Jay.

I cleared my throat before pressing the answer button. "Hello?" I said, facepalming myself. It sounded more like a question rather than a statement and it's obvious that I was nervous.

"Hello, Y/N, it's nice that you picked up." He chuckled after speaking and I could already feel the welcoming vibe in his voice which made me feel less nervous.

"So, uh... Jake, may I ask why did you call me? It's actually the first time I received a call from any of you guys."

"Wait, Jay doesn't call you? Aren't you two like a cou–" he stopped when he realized what he was saying.

"Anyways, I called to tell you that today is Sunoo's birthday and you know, we're having a little celebration." He paused for a while, thinking of what to say next.

"Oh! And you're invited too. I don't know if Jay already told you about it or–"

"He didn't say anything to me. In fact, he hasn't even called me today." I said, cutting him off.

"Didn't he though? I overheard him and manager-nim talking last night and from what I remember, manager-nim asked him to tell you about it." I heard him sigh loudly through the phone.

"Well that explains why you're not here yet. Jay arrived earlier and I was confused why you weren't with him." He added.

"Ah really? What time is it suppose to start?" I asked.

"In 10 minutes..."

"WHAT?" I shouted. "Okay, thanks for calling me Jake. I really appreciate that you told me about it, bye. I'll see you there." I said, beginning to panic.

"You're welcome, I'll text you the address." Jake said, laughing a bit before hanging up.

I jolted up from my seat and ran towards my room, rummaging through my closet while looking for something to wear.

When I finally found something, I rushed to the bathroom and washed my face slightly, not even daring to take a bath. I put on some light makeup and started getting dressed.

I received Jake's text a few minutes after getting ready and thankfully, the restaurant wasn't that far from where I live so I easily rode the subway on my way there.

✦✧✦✧

I arrived 15 minutes late and when I saw them, I was relieved that they haven't started eating yet.

Sunoo was sitting in the middle of the round table that they were in. I looked over at Jay and he was shocked when he saw me. He looked away after making an eye contact with me, pretending like he didn't see me.

I rolled my eyes and went to Sunoo, who smiled after seeing me.

"Happy Birthday!" I greeted him. "Thank you noona." He giggled. "Sorry I'm late and I'm sorry for not getting you a present." I said disappointed.

"Aish, don't worry about it noona. As long as you're here, then I'm happy. I don't need any presents." Sunoo said grinning widely, showing his adorable side.

"Aww, thank you." I said, smiling back at him.

"Now that noona's here, we can start." Sunoo said. I was surprised to hear that they haven't started yet even if I was already a couple of minutes late. Maybe I should've come earlier.