Chapter 11- Confrontations and Revelations.

(3rd pov)

Dinner later that evening was a somber event, with the only sounds being the spoons and the forks scraping the plate. Nobody spoke much. Elijah, Will, Alex and Xander were happy and were thinking about how their family was finally complete. Vincenzo, on the other hand, had a storm brewing in his mind. He definitely did want answers from his youngest siblings, but he didn't want to actually know how much they suffered. Their Dad as usual was absent, this time being in Italy, for some business. And lastly, Max and Alessia were also lost, deep in thought. Though they kept a smile on their face throughout dinner, the feeling inside didn't reflect the happy facade they put on.

Mentally promising herself, Alessia said to herself that this time, she would not let herself fall into darkness. She knew how much Max, and her best friends suffered when she was low, and considering how much these new siblings cared for her, they would be broken. Another thing she promised to herself was that she would never fall in love again, because all love brought was disappointment and heartbreak and pain. Falling in love last time, left her in the hospital fighting for her life and later in a 6 month long sleep.

All quickly excused themselves to their room, deep in thought. Everybody in the house was peacefully sleeping, occupied with their own dreams, when they heard the first scream of that night. All the boys rushed to their sister's room, to find her thrashing her arms and legs, whimpering, begging someone to let Max go. They all tried to restrain her hands and legs, all whispering soothing words, to try and get her out of her nightmare, but to no avail.

Suddenly, all her cries and yells were replaced by silence. One could hear a pin drop from a mile away. There were silent tears streaming down the girl's face. Her face contorted in pain, and her body curled up in a fetal position. She was mumbling inaudible things, until she finally woke up.

"What was that?" Alex asked looking really mad, "It seemed as if you were having a seizure or something."

"Not the time Alex." Elijah coldly said, all warmth suddenly gone. Now he looked like the devil himself. With eyes turned to slits, hands clenching and unclenching to control his anger and the vein on his forehead throbbing continuously. He had that really dark and intimidating aura around him.

You may wonder where the hell was Max. He was right next to Sia, trying to help her calm down and trying to get her to breathe evenly. Elijah and Vincenzo ordered all their younger siblings to get out of the room, while they spoke to Max and Sia.

"Now Alessia, Max, I want both of you to tell me the truth. If you haven't noticed yet, you have been living here for more than 6 months now, and my room is opposite yours. So I hear you every night, when you have these nightmares. And Max, don't think I have forgotten how I caught you 2 or 3 nights back, with tears down your face." Vince said in a no nonsense voice, making it clear that he expected the truth and he wanted it right now. All this while, Elijah was silent, still fuming but now it was more controlled.

"Living in the orphanage, we were adopted once, by a good family. Both the husband and wife truly cared for both of us. But then sadly, a drunk driver crashed into their car, from when they were returning home from work. We both were dropped off at the orphanage once again. During that time, a man called James wanted to adopt Sia, but she refused to go without me. Again we were into a new house, but only this time the house wasn't filled with that good smell of food and the homely look, instead stank of alcohol and there were beer bottles littered all around the house. We were both 11 back then. Going into the house, our lives became hell." Max said, his voice and face both devoid of emotion.

Continuing I say, "It started with little slaps to the face, if the house isn't cleaned properly or if the dishes weren't washed. Later, things kept getting worse, both of us got used to getting hit for small reasons, and we had basically become his slaves. And if he was in a particularly bad mood, then he would usually beat me up and make Max watch, or vice versa. Then one day when Max was out to buy groceries, I was at home with James. That night something really bad happened, and if Max wasn't there then I don't know how worse the situation could have been."

"We escaped that night and found Adrian. We also met a few other people on the way. They were Elizabeth, Justin, Lucas and Luke. We were close, almost like family. But Luke betrayed us. We both were dating that time, so I was hurt the most. Long story short, I became depressed, and was in a really bad place. I had told Luke almost everything about me, from my fears to my happiest moments. I had given him my heart, and he played me and then left. Lucas and Luke are twins, so when he came to know what went down that fateful night, we went crazy. Some things happened and I ended up in the hospital." I said, silent tears constantly flowing down my face, because thinking about everything that happened last year was just bad.

"She was in a coma for 6 months before she woke up. By that time the orphanage knew that she was hurt badly because of her being in coma, but never truly what happened. Later after being discharged from the hospital, we were back in the orphanage. Deciding that we would leave as soon as we turned 18." Max said, finally breaking down and choking on a sob. He was very affected by these events, as he considered Luke as a brother. He was the closest with Luke, they were best friends. He was broken as Alessia was hospitalized and Luke was gone.

"But then along the way, you guys came and here we are." Max said, finishing up the story. Both the Romano brothers felt extremely guilty for not finding their siblings sooner, but they also felt rage. The more prominent one, because their younger siblings had to suffer so much. All Vincenzo could think of was where that shithead James lived. And Elijah, well the devil that was buried in Elijah had been unleashed and wanted blood. Whenever Elijah got mad, there was a killing spree as well.

Both the elder brothers hugged Max and Sia, and left the room, the only thing going through their mind was murder and ways to avenge their younger siblings. They knew that Alex, Will and Xander were also eavesdropping, but Vince and Lijah didn't say anything to them. They were also siblings and they deserved to know what had happened. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Please comment and like :)

~Fangurl<3