Chapter 30- Mid-mission talks.

(Sia's pov)

People fall in love without a reason, without even wanting to. You can't predict it. That's love. I think that is what destroyed me the first time, and might do the same in the near future. My fears started controlling me, gaining strength, and I think that's what went wrong that night with Ace.

I knew he or I would confront the other on our mission, so here I was giving myself a pep-talk, on how our actual conversation would go. I reminded myself multiple times that it would be okay if he rejected me, but somehow, I didn't have the strength in me to believe what I had been saying for the past hour, whilst packing my clothes.

We would be away from home for fifteen days, if things went according to the plan. If they went south, then our stay would increase from a month to even a whole year. If things between Ace and I wouldn't be resolved then I would be stuck without my support system, my twin.

"MAXXXXX, COME UP HERE QUICKLY!" I hollered, sitting on my bed, waiting for him. Soon, I heard loud footsteps making their way towards my room.

Peeking his head inside, Max asked, "What's up sissy." Looking around my room, he noticed clothes lying everywhere, and a half filled suitcase resting on my bed. Scrunching up his eyebrows in confusion he questioned, "Going somewhere without me?"

"Ummm... yes. So here's the deal, Vince asked or more like ordered Ace and I to go downtown in the penthouse, and live there for a few days, to sort out the drug shipment thing that was going on." I ended lamely.

"Vince, as in Vincent Romano, our big, bad, older, super protective brother asked you to go with Ace, and that too alone. Doesn't.... Isn't he aware of what happened between you and the ex?" Max choked out, livid that I was going on something so dangerous and especially without him.

"Look, I'll be safe. Besides, my talk with Ace is long overdue, precisely three days overdue." I said, trying to lighten the somber atmosphere of the room. Sensing that I didn't want to talk anymore about the topic, Max gave me a quick hug, and helped me pack my bags, while we chatted about aimless and random things.

Now, here I was, seated next to Ace in one of his very expensive cars, making our way to our penthouse that we would be living in for the next few days. Throughout the drive, he kept glancing at me, with a look of longing in his beautiful eyes, but I didn't have enough courage to look at him back.

I was scared, and that was a lot for me to admit, but I did. Reaching our penthouse, I didn't wait for him to stop the car completely, I simply ran out. Rushing to my room, I hid from him. After some time, I heard a lone knock on my mahogany door, indicating someone was outside. I faintly heard the housekeeper of the penthouse say, "Let's go deary, time for supper."

Grumbling about being there in two minutes, I made a beeline towards the grand bathroom. Getting outside, I was met with a gush of cold air, in a complete contrast to the warm and humid air in the bathroom. Dressing up in more appropriate clothes, I rushed downstairs, realizing that I had been half an hour late.

There I found Ace sitting at the dining table, patiently waiting for me, while scrolling through his phone.

Looking up at me, he motioned towards the table, indicating that I sit beside him. I didn't want to admit it but the way he still looked at me, with the look of adoration and longing, it made me get butterflies. Without protest, I took my seat next to him. He looked at me expectantly, as if he wanted to say something, but refrained, shaking his head and looking down at his empty plate once again.

After a few minutes of awkward silence, the house keepers brought the both of us food, and we immediately dug in. The last meal we ate was breakfast, before we left home. Throughout the dinner, I couldn't help but look at the man that sat next to me. He was extremely graceful with everything that he did. He also had a deadly aura around him, but there was also a little bit of consideration. His face betrayed nothing about what he was thinking, but you had to know him for a long time to know what he was feeling through his eyes.

Having had enough of our staring contests, I gathered my guts to finally mumble the one thing that I have wanted since our fight, "We need to talk."

Nodding his head, he wiped his hands on the neatly folded napkin, and got up from his seat, giving me a hand of his to hold. Ignoring his hand, I stood up and walked ahead of him. My sole reason for doing this was so he couldn't notice how nervous I was about this whole ordeal. Seating myself on the armchair, I waited for Ace to do the same.

Clearing his throat awkwardly, he began, "Look, first I want to start by apologizing. Whatever went down that day, I shouldn't have said what I did and I deeply regret what I did. I know that you will not forgive me, but please, I want to.... I just want us to talk again. I can't go with you pretending to hate me and just ignore me all day long."

I had been silent all this while, making sure my thoughts weren't visible on my face. I knew it couldn't be this simple, but I was also wrong, as I shouldn't have overreacted the way I did. "I want you to know that I don't completely blame you for that night. It was... I'm not the person who you remove your anger on, but I also take the blame for overreacting. I want us to start over by being friends, yeah?"

I knew this would be difficult for the both of us, but it had to be done. We weren't friends for a long time before we started dating, so now I would want to start setting boundaries. "You... we can't do that. I can't do that. Don't you love me anymore?" He asked bewildered and a bit upset that we couldn't go back to how we were.

I dryly laughed, "You can't stop loving someone after three days of being apart, when you've been with the person for nearly a year. Now that's the deal, or there is no deal."

Looking conflicted, he nodded, desperately wanting me in his life. "Good, now we need to go over the plans for the mission. So I was thinking-"

"Absolutely not. I know what you are thinking and I will not let you go alone while I handle things from a bloody screen." He interrupted.

Oh boy! This was going to be a long night, with me trying to convince my ex, now friend to let me go on the mission. But I was happy that we didn't have bad blood between us anymore. I knew that in the near future, I would start dating him again, but he didn't need to know that. With Ace, I felt it from the start, that he was my soulmate, however cringy that sounded. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Please comment and vote :)

~Fangurl<3