Chapter 45- Unexpected meetings and apologies.

(Sia's pov)

Time skip: 1 months later.

I scurried forward as quietly as I could, and settled myself upon the ground, positioning my gun towards the window, where I knew I would find my target. I had to get him, that way there would be lesser threats on my family. I left home, and came to Italy, where I began working with my oldest cousin Drake.

When I reached Italy, I went straight to Drake's apartment, and explained to him the situation at home, because he and my two other brothers, Xavier and Luca had missed my birthday. I told him all about the proposal, mine and Xander's public fight, me breaking up with Ace after two days of being engaged, and then me leaving home for some time.

From then on, I started my training with Drake for becoming an assassin, because he was a well known assassin himself. It was also then that I had begun to take up the people who have threatened my family in the past, or are threatening them right now. I might have not been with them recently, but it didn't mean that I didn't love them any less. I was also doing the same for Ace's mafia, because I was the crowned queen for both the Italian and the Russian mafia.

I would like to think that both Vince and Ace knew how their competitions were ending up dead, but to keep my wishes, nobody contacted me. I was not over Ace, because he was still the first thought I had in the morning, the last person I remembered at night before sleeping. I wished, and I desperately hoped that Ace would still wait for me, and that he loved me the way I did, because if he didn't then I would be crushed. But, I would have to learn to accept it, because it was my selfishness that had caused things to end between the two of us.

I finally got the perfect angle, and I waited just for a second, before shooting him right in the center of his head, killing him immediately. I waited for a few seconds, pondering over what I just did, after which I quickly put my hood up and made my way to the washroom. I began washing my face, when my phone rang. I looked at the contact, and put the phone on speaker.

"Alessia Romano, you have until five minutes to come out of your hiding spot, until I have my men find you and drag you out ourselves. You no longer have your family or big brothers to support you." Donovan Sloane sinisterly chuckled from the other side. He had been trying to catch me and arrest me for a long time, but I was not a prey, he was.

"I do think that you sometimes forget that I have lived many lives before I met you, and my family, so I wish you luck on trying to catch me. But until then, Sayonara, good friend." I smirked. I think I was enjoying this way too much. I looked at myself once more in the mirror, before throwing the phone in the dustbin, and making my way out of the bathroom. (GUY! For all the fangirls of Natasha Romanoff out there, I do hope you'll notice what I just did there.)

I, being the responsible sister I am, called Drake to inform him that I was down with the assassination of the last person on my hit who troubled my family, and I also informed him that I would be home in another two hours.

I got into my car, with a gut feeling that something was going to happen, but I shrugged off the feeling and put some songs on. I heard 'I would' go off in the background and that gave me flashbacks to when I was in the car with Alex, and when I almost told him that Ace and I were dating. After that conversation, we were both jamming to this song the whole drive home.

I reached home soon, and in front of the apartment, I noticed a few cars parked outside. Maybe the feeling I was getting would be these unplanned visitors. I got out of my car, and rushed in, shrugging my jacket off. Upon entering the living room, I noticed all my brothers, and Ace, sitting there chatting with Xavier. Once they saw me enter, all conversation ceased, and I had all the attention to myself.

Giving everybody a tight-lipped smile, I looked around, and let my eyes linger on Ace for a while. He still looked the same, but I didn't miss the dull look in Ace's eyes, which I am sure reflected back from mine. I gave him a slight nod, and rushed into the kitchen where Drake was.

"What the hell is your goddamn problem?" I whisper yelled. I was somewhat mad, but also happy to see my family after one month. "Why on earth are these people in our living room, sitting on the couch and chatting with Xavier?" I once again questioned, trying to keep my voice hushed.

"Sorellina, we just wanted to see how you were doing?" Vince leaned off the doorframe and came close to us. I could help, but latch on to him. I missed him so much that it took everything in me to not return back to all my brothers after just a week of staying in Italy.

He hugged me close, inhaling my scent, and suddenly I felt complete again. Before pulling away, I whispered, "I missed you guys so freaking much, it was almost killing me to not return back to you guys."

"We missed you too, bambina." He chuckled, wiping away the lone tear that left his eye. I was no better, with tears flowing out of my red eyes. I guess going away from my family did me no good, because they were my home, and I don't think I can try starting my new life without them, they were my everything.

This also made me realize that I owed an apology to my brothers, and that I needed to sort things out with my brothers first, if I wanted to speak to Ace. I grabbed Vince's hand, and led him back to the living room where everybody was seated quietly, obviously trying to overhear what we were talking about.

I decided to just rip the band-aid off, and started with my apology. "I am very apologetic about how I left you guys all so abruptly. I ummm... had to get away from everybody, to get over some things because I had caused a lot of damage to the people I loved... to the person I still love, but now meeting all of you, I realized that I couldn't even begin to comprehend a life without you guys in it." My focus was solely on Ace when I was saying this, because out of everybody that I've hurt, I hurt him the most.

"Sometimes, you can't let go of what's making you sad, because that is the only thing that's making you happy. This is why, I just couldn't move on, I guess." I directed this to Ace, because he needed to understand that even after all this while, he was still the one who could make me happy.

I was suddenly engulfed in a bear hug by my twin. Me hugging Max finally broke the dam that I had been holding back. Soon, all my brothers joined in on our group hug. "I have a lot that I need to tell you guys, and I would also want to explain myself, but first, I must make amends with someone else." With that, we all broke our hug, and I once again simply stared at Ace.

All my brothers left the living room, leaving me alone with Ace, and I took that as an opportunity to start, "I think I owe you a long over-due explanation." He simply nodded, looking at me with those dark eyes of his. I could get lost in those eyes, but I quickly looked down at my feet, my cheeks reddening once I realized I had been staring at him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hey guys, please I urge y'll to not be silent readers as reading your comments gives me the motivation to keep writing. Also, the book is coming to an end, in the next 5 chapters, and so this will finally all be over, but I have started writing a new book, so watch out for that.

Please comment and vote :)

~Fangurl<3