Chapter 41- Yes, I'll marry you

(Ace's pov)

Those 5 minutes felt like a goddamned lifetime for me, where all the Romano brothers were arguing with our fathers, while Alessia Romano simply stared at me, with her mouth slightly opened, showing her shock at this situation. Because of her taking too long, I didn't think she processed all that was said, and the question I had asked earlier.

"You know what, forget about what I asked. And if it makes you feel better then I'll ask our fathers to cancel the deal too." I rushed out, not wanting to lose her. Shaking her head, she said, "Yes."

"Yes what?" I questioned, puzzled at her words.

"Yes, I'll marry you. Yes, a million times." She smiled, and rushed forward in my arms, that would always be open for her. We both had the biggest smiles on our faces, as we embraced each other. This would be an excellent start for the both of us, together with each other. Noticing us, Alex cleared his throat, getting the attention of all the brothers, "Why exactly are you two hugging might I ask?"

"She said yes." Will quietly said, from besides Alex, looking shocked and slightly hurt. "She said yes to marrying him." Will once again whispered, but everybody could hear it clearly. Nobody said anything after that, all quiet and just looking at us, then looking at the ground. My father decided to break this silence by announcing, "It's settled then, Ace and Alessia will marry each other."

"If Alessia is okay with marrying Ace, I am too, but she will not marry him right now." Vincenzo said in his no nonsense, business voice. Once again, all the brothers began arguing but all it took for them to quieten was Vincezo lifting his hand up, demanding silence. "We will no longer speak about this issue. Sia is grown up, and quite mature to understand what she is getting herself into."

With that, all the festivities started once again, but now instead of people wishing Sia for her birthday, they were also wishing the both of us for our impromptu engagement. We also sat down, with one huge table for the Hernandez and Romano family, while the other guests had other smaller tables all around. I was once again next to Sia on my left and my twin Nathan on the right.

Nathan was just congratulating me, and I couldn't keep the smile on my face from going away. This was a complete contrast to the argument going on between my girlfriend or rather fiancé and her brother. They were both in an extremely heated argument, with Sia almost ready to break down and Xander looking like he would punch someone. All this was something, because the silent argument was a contrast to the overall happy and light mood that was in the atmosphere.

As the argument got worse, so did the noise levels, and soon enough, Xander was screaming his lungs out, while Sia had silent tears streaming down her face, all while trying to explain things to him. Just like that, everybody had their attention fixed on the fighting siblings, but then suddenly Max punched Xander in the face, and quickly got out of his seat, pulling Sia out of her's too, and just leading her away from the scene that was just created. "YOU REALLY ARE STUPID TO BE LEAVING YOUR FAMILY TO MARRY A BOY. YOU ARE GETTING AN OUTSIDER IN OUR FAMILY AND IF YOU THINK THAT IS GOING TO BE OKAY, THEN NEWSFLASH, IT ISN'T. I AM NEVER GOING TO ACCEPT THIS." Xander bellowed to Sia while she was leaving.

By the time the twins were out of our sight, everybody was silent, and it was certainly not a pleasant thing. I was curious about theta they would be talking about, but I also knew that I had to give them the space they needed, to talk things out. Today, a huge decision has been made, and I think more than anybody being affected by this, it would be Max as he is Alessia's twin.

(Sia's pov)

I had my arm held by Max, while he was dragging me away from the mess of a birthday dinner with all our close friends and family. I won't lie, all this marriage proposal and everything was very overwhelming but I was hurt the most by my brother, especially with his last comment, that he did not hesitate to yell out to me.

I thought today would be the day I would end the drama, and start a new chapter in life, and the new chapter would unfold in a dramatic manner, but the drama also increased ten folds. And all these thoughts were bringing a lot of tears to my eyes, and loads of heartbreak because of what my brother said. At least, if it were some stranger yelling all these things to me, I wouldn't have been hurt to this extent, but my brother saying it made it even worse.

Max and I soon entered our house, and he once again pulled me towards the living room. Pushing me down on the couch, he paced in front of me for 10 minutes, after which he himself took a seat next to me. "Do you actually want to get married, I mean, are you sure Ace is the one?" He questioned.

This got me thinking. Although we fought, we argued like crazy, sometimes, even took small breaks from each other, I wouldn't want anybody who isn't Ace. He made me feel better about myself, he liked me for who I was, and most of all, he was always there for me, in my good times, and especially in my bad ones. "Let's make one thing clear, I am not getting married now. Right now, I have things to do and achieve, especially my degree in medicine. I want to spend time with you guys, and I just want to enjoy life before I make any decisions. For your second question, I really do believe, or at least hope that Ace is the one. He makes me happy, includes me in things, and is just there for me whenever I need him." I replied, taking a deep breath to just compose myself, because I didn't know what kind of reaction I would receive in return.

He just sat there, looking at me, trying to analyze and figure me out, until he said, "if that is what you really want, then I am okay with you marrying Ace, even if it's today, or if it's after 7 more years. This will be difficult for me, because you will start your own family, and I won't be a crucial part, like I am now, but I understand. If any of us deserves this the most, then it's you. I am honestly very happy for you and Ace." Ladies and gentleman, I think I had the world's most understanding and supportive twin, and honestly, I couldn't be any more thankful to him than I already was.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Please comment and vote :)

~Fangurl<3