Chapter 23- Punishments and foreshadowing

(3rd person pov)

The way Will, Alex, Max and Sia were acting, it felt as though they really were children. Pouting and whining every five minutes how their punishment of sitting in a corner looking at the wall wasn't fair, and how Vince was being absolutely mean.

Suddenly, Vince's scary and cold voice boomed throughout the house, "If you all don't shut up and sit here for another hour then you all are grounded for life."

And just like that their one hour of punishment was over, but that wasn't the last scolding Sia was going to receive that evening. As soon as Ace came home from his office, he lifted Sia up on his shoulders and walked towards his room. Just as Sia started to struggle and started pounding on his back for him to release her, he smacked her behind as a warning to keep quiet.

Reaching in his room, he put her down and just glared at her for some time before pushing her into a wall in his room. Looking intensely into her eyes, he asked, "Want to tell me all what you did today doll? Hmmm."

OH MY GOD, he was killing her with this intense staring and the way his voice sounded, and eww. She is acting all gross and cringy just because of a boy.

"Nothing, I swear, all we did was visit a mall, and umm... go to Vince's amusement park and then straight back home." She said with a smile, trying to melt her boyfriend.

"Is that all you and your apparently 'cool' brothers did?" He asked me once again.

"Look, why do you care so much? Why do you care about what I do and what I don't?" Alessia said, having enough people yelling at her and criticizing her for having a fun day out with my brothers.

"Do you want me to not care, because if that was ever the situation then fine, but I hope you do realize that you have a goddamn bounty over your head put by Luke and his bloody cronies. So of course we will care and worry about you." He yelled aggressively. Suddenly after a few seconds, he placed his lips on hers, and just like that Sia could gradually feel him calm down.

"Look, when you love someone, you care about them, you worry for them, you cry with them, you laugh with them, you do everything with them, and I want to do all these things with you." Ace mumbled, now feeling bad that he yelled at Sia.

"I just, I want to behave and pretend that this doesn't affect me, and that I am okay with bodyguards following me around 24/7, but I am trying. Trust me, I am trying so hard but I can't anymore." Alessia said, shaking her head.

Making her way towards the bed, she sat down and looked down. When she did that, her hair formed a curtain around her head, covering her from Ace and his intense eyes. Tears were flowing down her eyes, but not once did she make an attempt to wipe them away.

Making his way towards the distressed girl, he wrapped his arms around her, wanting her to feel that he would be there with her, for everything. He may not know everything about her yet, but he wanted to and he was determined to do so. It was clear that the girl was trusting the boy completely, but they were getting somewhere, and just the thought of that made both the teens in love happy.

Trying to process what Ace said, Sia just stood up and kissed Ace softly. This was for the gratitude she felt, for putting up with her. "Thank you." She whispered

"It's my job baby." He replied.

That was the moment, both teens knew that in the end, things were going to turn out alright for them. No matter what happened they would be there for each other and that was all that mattered. Hand in hand, both the lovers decided to go down stairs where all their family members currently were.

Upon seeing Alessia, Justin, being the jokester he is, wrapped his arms around Sia and made weird kissing sounds because he knew Ace hated that. Ace was oddly protective over Alessia, and that had been so since the first time that he met her.

Glaring heatedly at Justin, Ace pulled Alessia out of the hug with Justin, and asked her to wrap her arms around him instead. And as soon as the young girl wrapped her arms around the boy, he was happy again.

Because Ace and Alessia were downstairs, everybody witnessed what had happened and this gave the Romano brothers an understanding of how much Ace liked Alessia. They felt as though both Ace and Alessia were incomplete without each other, but who knew that this was a temporary happiness that both the Hernandez and Romano family were feeling.

Somebody lurking in the shadows of the Hernandez mansion, observing all these things unfold, waiting for a moment where they could come in and break this happy couple, because all the attention Alessia was getting was supposed to be theirs. These people did not deserve happiness, because these people were the ones who stole the happiness from others by their foul acts and words alike.

They were going to break Alessia, and this time it would be done so brutally that nothing could save her from her destiny of being dead.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please comment and vote :)

~Fangurl<3