Chapter 17- An almost break-up.

(Sia's pov)

I was waiting in Ace's room, and I felt the need to talk to him urgently. I was speaking to Liz about how things were going between me and Ace, when I was told about Ace's twin Nathaniel, who was currently residing in Russia. I mean why couldn't Ace tell me this himself. I wasn't mad, but I was disappointed, because what if what we had wasn't serious. What if he was just messing around and that could be a possibility because he didn't get the label of being a player and bad boy for no reason.

Looking around his room, I noticed how he had a very simple room, with minimal decorations. The one thing that caught my eye were the two pictures on his nightstand. One was of his siblings when they went to Disneyland in Florida. The other was of me. It was the one where I was hanging on him and was smiling down at him.

I remember that moment very vividly. It was during lunch, and Max, Liz, Lucas, Justin, Ace, and I were all outside in the playground, teasing each other and just enjoying the moment.

The bell had rung, and collectively everybody had agreed to have lunch outside today just because. Walking outside hand-in-hand, Ace and I were walking slowly behind everybody else. We were just talking about random things that came into our minds first. Just as we reached the playground, I jumped on his back and hugged him from behind.

Him being his goofball self, quickly ran around after which he spun around in circles, with me giggling softly in his ears. Suddenly he turned his head around and smiled at me softly before capturing my lips between his for a good thirty seconds. He then broke away from the kiss and just simply smiled at me, and that was when we both heard somebody click a picture of us.

Turning our heads once again, but this time to look at who clicked our picture, we found our whole friend group standing there and just staring at us. At that, I blushed and put my head on Ace's shoulder, not liking the sudden attention. I could feel Ace's back vibrate as he chuckled at my actions, before tuning my body over so that my chest was pressed against his and he then kissed my forehead, mumbling about how adorable I looked.

Somebody cleared their throat, and as I turned my head to find the source of the noise, I found Ace, leaning against the door frame, looking all confused but yet had a breathtaking smile on his face. I quickly kept the photo frame down and made my way towards his bed. Without turning around, I said in a monotonous voice, "Ace please sit on the bed. We need to talk."

I know, great conversation starter but I really had to know if I was just some hookup or was something serious and stable in his life. Slowly making his way to the bed, as he reached me, he bent down to kiss my forehead, but I moved out of the way. Looking even more confused and slightly upset, he sat down on the bed. Nodding his head, he looked at me, waiting for me to start.

"Look, I came to know from Liz that you have a twin, which is fine but like why didn't I find that piece of information from Elizabeth rather than you yourself. I really don't want to jump to any conclusion, but I just feel as if you are not serious about us, or are just trying to get into my pants like some cheap hookup. I really feel that you don't trust me the way I trust you and for this relationship to work, the trust factor has to come from both the ways." I said in a very hurt voice, because I was genuinely hurt. He really couldn't even trust me a little to tell me about his family, and I was now wondering what I did wrong, for him to not trust me completely.

He immediately got up from his bed and wrapped his arms around me tightly, pulling me into a warm embrace and just shaking his head, a silent way of disagreement. "Stupid, stupid girl, I... I don't know what to say. First to just get things cleared out, I trust you with my life so never, and I mean never doubt that. Second, I was planning on telling you about Nathaniel when he returned from Russia, which is why I kept this hidden. Baby you are not some hook-up to me. You have become my life, my oxygen and everything good in the span of just 8 months, I have fallen harder for you than ever."

What he said brought tears to my eyes. I was just overwhelmed with these emotions and just felt lost, because of everything going on in life. This, my relationship with Ace was that light that I needed in my dark life, and for that I was and will be forever thankful to him.

I simply threw my arms around Ace's neck and just stayed there for what felt like eternity. However cringy it sounded, Ace was my rock, and without him I would be broken and I am so glad that he is a part of my crazy and non-stable life. Ace suddenly pulled out of the hug and just looked at me, wiping my tears which were slowly pouring out of my eyes, and asked, "Qual è il problema, piccola? Perché stai piangendo? (what is the matter baby? Why are you crying? - Italian)."

I just shook my head, unable to answer, but I buried my head in his chest and just took comfort from the warmth that he always seemed to radiate. Finally after a few moments, I replied with, "I am just tired. Tired of Luke, and just everything that is going down the drain. I cannot fight because my family is not letting me, I don't get to meet you so often because of school and your trainings, Max was planning to go to Italy for some work and I want to give up." I was sobbing at this point. Physically I was fine, but mentally I was bruised.

This time, instead of hugging me, he connected our lips, in a warm and comforting kiss. He didn't say anything after that, just simply held me and comforted me silently. Because of times like these, I thanked God for giving me such an amazing and understanding boyfriend. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Please like and comment :)

~Fangurl<3