Chapter 47- Clearing the air out, and fond memories.

(Sia's pov)

I made a beeline towards my room, thinking about mine and Ace's recent conversation.

"You know what Alessia Romano, I don't quite understand you, even after dating you for two years, and being engaged for two days. You infuriate me to no ends, and I want to resent you for breaking my heart, but I just can't seem to. I honestly, honestly, love you to the point where this would actually kill me, but you're it for me." His lips tilted upwards in a small smile. He did the same, and after a few minutes of just rocking the both of us, he pulled apart slightly, only to attach his lips to mine. I melted almost immediately, and unlike the last time, I didn't resist.

The thought of our kiss made me smile, and I touched my lips, overly joyous because I knew we were okay, or at least that we would be. Upon going into my room, I could feel my smile slowly slip off because of the person sitting on my bed, waiting for me.

"Hi baby sis." Xander said in a clear, loud voice. I nodded, not bothering with myself to speak. He had really hurt me, the night of my birthday, when he said he would never accept my relationship with Ace, and now, I was holding a grudge against him.

I think he understood why I was acting so closed off, because immediately, he got off from my bed, and walked a step in my direction. He stood in front of me, or rather towered and so I had to look up slightly. I nodded once again, indicating he continued what he was saying. "I figured we left things off rather abruptly, don't you think? Well, I want to make amends because I realized that all that I yelled at you on the night of your birthday, firstly was untrue, and secondly, overly rude. It was just that I didn't want to lose you, and by yelling, I think I did exactly that. I drove both my sister and bestfriend away from me."

I clenched my jaw, pondering over his words, because he was not wrong. I could hold grudges very well, but not against my family. Family was my weak point, but they were also my strength, and so, I decided to forgive him. Not that I would tell him that, it would take a little more than a simple explanation and apology. "It is okay. Just next time, think about what you are going to say, before opening your mouth. No matter what you think, you cannot force your opinions on others." I said patronizingly.

He nodded, and agreed, and as soon as I was done, he wrapped his arms around me, in a long hug. I didn't try to pull him off me, because I did miss him a lot. He was that one person, who would annoy me to show me his love for me, he would fight for me, and would always lift my mood up whenever I was upset.

I honestly think he was waiting for me to say something, anything, but I didn't. I was just too overwhelmed by all these events, to even react in any manner. I think it was just the stress, sadness, excitement and every other emotion catching up to me. I took a deep, long breath. In through the nose, out through the mouth, "Look, I... It's okay, honestly. Just right now, I think my mind is on override and I am not really able to process everything. I got away from you all to reduce my problems, but now that you all are back, I just need time."

I don't really think he understood what I was trying to say, but what he said next shocked me, "Look, I never ever wanted you or any of our brothers to go away or detach themselves from the family, but I do it myself, I did it myself on an occasion, and I can really understand where you are coming from. Just, let us back in when you think you are ready, don't push us out completely."

I don't think I have ever felt this grateful for anybody recently, and Xander saying that to me meant the world to me. This time, I initiated the hug between, to let him know that I was not pushing him out. I think this was one of the most important and needed talks between me and Xander, to clear out the bad air between us. Both Xander and I left my room, with smiles on our faces, both happy and satisfied that things had been said, and cleared out.

Next, we went to the lawn, where all my brothers and Ace were. They were all helping Drake and Xavier prepare for the barbeque for everybody. The atmosphere was light, and didn't hold its tenseness, which was a relief. There were jokes passed around, laughs were shared, and fond memories were both recollected and made. I was completely happy because this had become sort of like a dream after the events that took place last month.

I was sitting beside the twins, both of whom were leaning towards me, and lightly touching my arms often, to make sure that I was real, and with them. Everybody had ice cold beers in hand, while I opted for a tall glass of lemonade. I was never a big fan of alcohol, and never would be.  Elijah suddenly got up, and took both my hands in his comparatively larger ones. He pulled me up, and positioned me in a dance pose. We glided away from all my brothers, dancing, swaying to the beat of the slow song that was playing from Alex's phone which was connected to the speakers.

We didn't speak, and I don't think we needed to. I guess this was his way of apologizing to me, for how he acted before I left. I just understood, I really did. All my brothers were scared, scared that I would leave them, and let somebody get between our relationships. This was okay because I had the same fear for my brothers. A few seconds before the song was about to end, Lijah pulled me closer, and whispered, "If you were to get engaged to anybody, I'd rather it be Ace, because seeing you gone for a month made me realize how much you both needed each other. Besides, he treats you like a queen, and I want nothing more than my sister's happiness." This made me smile widely, and I placed a kiss on his cheek.

When we got back to everybody, I noticed everybody had their food with them, so I quickly grabbed my hot dog from the stand, and slowly made my way to Ace, who was already looking at me. He shifted slightly, so that I could sit next to him. As we all began eating, I asked my brothers all that they had been up to in the past month, and from what everybody said, they had been pretty miserable without me.

Once we were done, everybody was busy with the campfire that they had been trying to light in the middle, and I simply sat there, with my head laying on Ace's shoulders. We would be watching a movie in the backyard, and later have a huge sleepover in the basement. It sounded very fun, but I was exhausted. All this was feeling like a dream, and I honestly hoped to whoever was above, that nothing was my imagination, and that my brothers and Ace had actually come to get me back.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Please comment and vote :)

~Fangurl<3