Epilogue

Edited

Congratulations to everybody, and also a big thank you for helping me reach 1K!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Ace's pov)

"I really don't think you have any say here, especially in this topic. Also, before you decide to let your mouth run any further, I advise you to look around. You are in my house, in my territory, where, even if I kill you, nobody would ever dare question me." I said, my voice harsh, and my glare cold.

This person thought he would come here, and order me to buy his shares, where he was at profit, while I was at risk. "You don't understand, we have been in this business since before you were even born, so don't try to teach me what I should do and shouldn't." I chuckled darkly, amused that somebody would have this much courage to disrespect me. But no, I wouldn't call it courage, I would call it foolish. The place where I lived, my mansion, it was a fortress in itself.

Heavily guarded with guards all around, nobody could enter or exit this place without my permission. I clicked my tongue, and spread my legs apart further, getting comfortable in my seat, because for once, I was amused, and this was dangerous. Ivan Alexi, the one person, who thought he could manipulate me, and get my men to work for him. His work involved a lot of risk for my men, and I couldn't afford that. He was simply getting on my nerves, and I was itching to take my gun out, and empty all the bullets in his head, but I had to control otherwise my wife would kill me.

Now, I couldn't risk her getting angry at me anymore. "I suggest you leave while you still can." Justin darkly murmured from beside me. That was a hidden warning, but there was never a cure to stupidity. Ivan proceeded to remove his gun from the waistband, and put it up to my forehead. Just as he put it there, all the guards in the room pointed their guns at him. "It's one to 50 people, and it's best if you give up now." I threatened, my eyes darkening greatly.

He slowly put his gun down, and just then I heard a soft voice. "Dada, dada." My little angel came running towards me, dashing into Lucas on the way, who pulled her up in his arms. "LuLu, down, I wanna meet dada." My darling Scarlet mumbled in her baby voice. By now, Ivan was pushed on the chair, and some of the guns were still pointed at him, discreetly though, because I didn't want to expose my 7 year old daughter to the world of crime yet.

I took Scarlet in my arms, and held her close to me, all while staring intently at Ivan, who was following my actions with his eyes. "You just revealed your weakness to me Hernandez, and now it's going to get much easier to destroy you and your goddamned family." He snarked.

I clenched my jaw, closed my eyes, and took a deep breath in. He made a mistake mentioning my family, and now I was going to make his life a living hell. When I opened them again, I was sure they had turned darker. I nodded at my men, to take this scumbag away and lock him in the basement. "Baby, dada has to go for work, you stay with mama ok?" I spoke to my toddler, who was looking at me with the same doe eyes as Alessia's. She was a mini Sia, with the same facial features, and the same sass, even at the tender age of 7.

"No, Lettie wants to come wok." She yelled. Just then my gorgeous wife came towards us. She noticed that I had company, and I was running late and had mercy on me. "Baby, come here, we'll go have ice cream and wake up Lorenzo from his nap." Sia took her from my arms, to which Lettie started crying, and honestly I was crushed, but I couldn't take my baby with me, when I had to torture somebody.

"Come back soon, and please, if your clothes get dirty, don't come in the living room, or the kitchen as I might be there with the twins." Alessia came closer, kissed me on the lips. She then hugged both Justin and Lucas, and said the same to them after going away. For a man so adept at killing, upon seeing my children and wife, my eyes held the unusual softness inside them.

(Sia's pov)

I was with my kids, and normally they are sweet children, who always listen to me, but right now they were acting like an absolute pain in my ass. Since Ace was busy with mafia things, I was left pregnant and without any help, handling two children who were hell bent on causing mischief. Deciding that I had enough of Frozen two to last me a lifetime, I called my bestfriend and twin, to help me out.

"Max, please bring your wife and come to my house to help me, before I murder myself." I grumbled over the call. "You cannot say such things Sia." I heard Liz's singsong voice from the background, which infuriated me further, but I had to control my temper as it was not good for me or the baby.

Max and Elizabeth got married three years after me and Ace did, and I couldn't be any happier. We were all a big happy family, and I was sure that my children would have almost an army of cousins as friends, something which I was happy about.

Ace and I had our eldest children, Scarlet and Lorenzo, almost seven years ago, this was followed by the Julius, who is 5 now. I am also five months pregnant, with another boy. Lorenzo was helping me with the Julius, because my stomach was aching immensely, and I was facing many difficulties doing things because of my overly large stomach.

Soon enough, I heard my front door open, and I noticed all my brothers with their wives and children. My living room went from having four people to suddenly twenty people. I had my oldest brother help me up from my place on the couch, and gently hug me close, rubbing my large stomach with his hand. His wife Alicia, too, joined in and we immediately engaged ourselves in the conversation.

Soon enough, all my kids were playing with their cousins, I was with all my sister-in-laws, and we were all talking about random things that we could do, or where we could all travel to next. My husband of 8 years soon joined my brothers, and they engaged themselves with the talks of business and mafia. All in all, it was a wholesome moment, where all our family was here, happy and together.

This was like a dream come true for the 15 year old me, when I was first united with my brothers for the first time. Somehow, Max managed to convince everybody to have an overnight here, to help me with my kids, and now my personal army was here to care for me. I couldn't be more grateful. It was only because of my brothers and friends, for who I have become today.

I got my happily ever after, even after many hardships, and now, I hoped to make my kids' happily ever after better, where they would never have to face anything I or Ace did. I got everything I ever wanted. It felt like I had finally stopped drowning in my past.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Andddd, I have finally closed the curtain on 'Drowning In The Past.' This feels like such a bitter-sweet moment, because I want to keep writing, but I would also like to undertake different projects, with newer and better plots, and all the jazz. Either way, if I have time, and quality inspiration, I will definitely upload bonus chapters.

Also, talking about newer projects, I have started another book, "The Earth Crowns." So please watch out for that. I will start publishing that book from mid September, as I need some time to write quality stuff for the chapters, as I do not like sloppy work. I might just publish the prologue of the book though, as I am done with that, but the proper chapters will begin from much later.

Please comment and vote :)

~Fangurl<3