Love, War, and Force Protocol

Chapter 8

I ran my hands through my hair looking at the clock while rocking my leg back and forth. I was nervous to see Christina tonight. I smiled seeing Kent and Vince walk in. "So who were you with when I called and asked you for lunch?" Kent said, he looked like he was going to interrogate me about it. "A friend" I said looking through the papers on my desk. "Guy or girl" he asked pushing it further. I sighed putting the papers down to look at him. "Does it matter? A girl" I said leaning back in my chair. "What's her name?" He asked. "Christina" I said looking at Vince who was quite. "Last name?" He asked leaning forward in his chair. I told you. He was like an over protective brother. "I don't know" I said a little confused. How could I not know her last name?

"Well then, are you going to hang out with her again?" He asked. He hated being replaced which was never going to happen. "Yes, tonight." I said looking at the clock to see I had a few minutes left. "When can we meet her?" He asked folding his arms over his chest. "Maybe tomorrow." I said. "Good" he said and walked out. He's so dramatic sometimes. I looked at the clock and rushed out of my office. I had already texted her my address. I got home and started doing some cleaning when I heard a knock at the door. "Hey" I said opening the door for her to come in. "Hey" she said and hugged me. She walked into the living room and sat down on the couch. "Your place is cool" she said looking out of the window. "Thanks" I said and sat down a little ways from her. "God, do you have to be so far away. You act like I have a disease or something." She said and I giggled scooting closer to her. "Sorry I'm not used to having people over" I said looking at her amazing brown eyes. Her eyes met mine and we just stared at each other. "Can we watch a movie?" She asked breaking our staring contest. "Sure" I said biting my lip.

I watched as she bent down and looked at the movies. "Can we watch National Treasure?" She asked holding up the movie. "Sure" I said and she smiled looking at the DVD player. She smiled and sat back down closer to me. I got up and retrieved a blanket watching Monster sleep in the middle of the bed. I walked back in and put the blanket over Christina. She smiled scooting closer to me. I was starting to get uncomfortable by the closeness.

"You never told me about your dad." She said looking at me. My heart sunk. I thought that she had forgotten but she hadn't. "Um.." I said not being able to look at her. "Please tell me? I won't tell anyone" she said and I sighed knowing I would have to tell her. "Okay" I said and she looked at me waiting for an answer. "My dad died..." I said and she gasped. "Oh my god Tara I had no idea I'm so sorry" she said and hugged me. I could smell her amazing perfume. "He died when I was 12. He was a police officer and he got shot and died. From that day on I wanted to get the evil out of this world. Get rid of every person that has done something bad." I said and she looked at me listening. "That's why I am what I am today." I said and started getting choked up. "I miss him so much sometimes. He left for work like any regular day but he never came back. He had promised to read me a bed time story because it had been my birthday the day before. Those men took the only thing that I could have as protection. I never even got to say goodbye to him." I said and I started to cry into her chest. I hadn't cried in years. It felt good to have someone hold me and care about what I was saying. "It's going to be okay Tara. He's watching you right now and he's proud of you for following in his footsteps. Happy that you've moved on and haven't just gotten depressed." She said rubbing my back. I nodded trying to calm down. "Thank you" I said and she smiled pulling away to look at me. She wiped away a tear that had fallen down my cheek with her thumb.

I sighed laying my head down on her shoulder. She rubbed my head. "You okay babe?" She asked and I tensed at what she called me. "Christina are you.... Gay?" I asked looking at her. Her eyes showing shock. "Why?" She asked raising her eye brow. 'You kissed me on the cheek, you keep holding me, and you just called me babe" I said. "Um... I don't think I am no. I just... I don't know how I feel when I'm around you. I just get confused" she said blushing. "Me too" I muttered. I gasped at what I had just said. I hadn't mean't to say it out loud. "You do?" She asked getting closer. "Yes" I said and our faces were inches apart. I leaned in and her soft lips were on mine. I had never felt anything like this before. I had a thousand feelings running through me. She pulled away but I didn't want her to leave. I leaned in again and my lips were on hers, she gasped as I pushed her back onto the couch. My tongue sliding over her bottom lip. She opened wider and my tongue attacked hers. She moaned as I pulled away kissing down her neck. I ran my hands down her stomach. "Tara" she whimpered. "Yeah?" "We shouldn't be doing this" she said and I pulled away looking at her. "Why not?" I asked rubbing her stomach. "Because I'm tired!" She groaned and I giggled. "You can stay here" I said and got up. It was almost 10:30. "Okay" she said following me to my bedroom.

"Is that your dog?" She asked pointing to Monster who was still sleeping. "Yeah, that's Monster" I said. "Aww!" She said getting excited. I smiled. I picked him up and heard him groan from being woken up. I placed him in Christina's arms and she smiled petting his head while I fixed the bed. After I got changed in the bathroom I crawled into bed. I could feel Monster laying on my feet. I felt Christina move closer to me and laid her head down on my chest. "Tara?" "Yes?" "Will you go out with me?" She asked and I smiled. "Yes" I said and kissed her head before falling asleep.