Love, War, and Force Protocol

Chapter 23

Authors Note: Thinking about writing a new story about a paramedic... what do you guys think?
Aut
"Tara get up we need to leave now if we want to get to the interview on time!!!" Christina yelled pulling off my covers, a rush of cold air hitting my body. I groaned "fine!" I said as she started poking me. "Quit poking me!!!" I demanded. I hated people touching me in the morning. I lazily rose to my feet and started pulling on my clothes. "Hurry up!!!" She said walking into the living room. "The interview isn't for two hours!" I yelled back putting a little makeup on. Today we were heading to New York City to do a live interview with a women who is interested in Christina's music. I got into the chauffeured car and we drove off to New York with Christina's security guard sitting in the front. He doesn't really have to work considering that I'm an officer but.. He had to come.

We walked into the building where the interview was taking place. It had a sofa and a chair and in the front was the seats for the audience. I sighed watching Christina argue with her wardrobe people because they couldn't agree on something to wear. I walked back to where all of the technical stuff was and sat down in one of the chairs. Her body guard sat next to me. "Hey" he said extending his hand out to me. "Hey, I'm Tara" I said shaking his hand. "Frank" he said with a smile. "So... How long have you guys been dating?" he asked, I looked into his tired brown eyes, "Five months now" I said smiling. "That's cool!" he said with a bright smile. "No, I don't want to wear that shirt!" I heard Christina yell. I sighed getting up from the chair and walking over to where Christina and two of her wardrobe people were stood. "Christina quit being an ass and wear the shirt." I said and her wardrobe people smiled at me. "I'm not being an ass! I don't want to wear the shirt!" she said again still gripping onto the shirt, a glare on her face. "Your starting to sound like a celebrity, drop the attitude or we can leave now!" I said back, her eyes grew wide. "Okay..." She said hanging her head down like she was a little kid that has just gotten yelled at. "Then stop it and wear the shirt" I said softer. She nodded her head still lowered. I put my finger under her chin and lifted it up so that she would look at me. "I know your nervous but your going to be fine" I said and she smiled. "Thanks" She said and walked away to go and put the shirt on.

"My name is Stacey Browning and I'm here with rising star Christina Perri!" she said and the audience started cheering. Christina smiled and waved to the camera. I smiled standing back stage near the entrance to the set, next to Frank.

"Christina I've heard that your actually dating someone right now?" Stacey said with a smile that was too big.

"Yeah, I'm really happy right now" She said clearly blushing, playing with the hem of her shirt that she hated a few minutes ago.

"And this specific person is a girl if I'm correct" The interviewer said looking at her cue cards.

"Yes she is, shes a police officer for a special unit in New York. I've honestly never been with anyone that's made me feel so happy and loved besides her. I'm really happy to have met her, we've been dating for five months now" Christina smiled with a huge Italian smile. She was looking down at her Black skinny jeans that went well with the light blue off shoulder shirt she wore with black ans white sneakers. The audience awed, I blushed looking down at the floor.

"Whats her name?"

"Tara... That's all that I'm going to say" she said looking over at Stacey.

"Okay... Lets talk about the new album that your working on-" I stopped listening because my phone started vibrating in my pocket.

"Hello?" I asked into the phone, I didn't recognize the number.

"Tara! Have you missed me?" the man said with an evil tone.

"Ryder. What do you want?" I snapped stepping outside so that I could have some privacy.

"I've already told you what I want. I'm just checking on you to see how it is going" he said with his foreign accent.

"Aren't you sweet" I said sarcastically.

"Yes, I'm growing very impatient. I want to know if you found out what I want, have you?" He asked and I bit my lip out of nervousness. 

"No..." I said and I heard him chuckle.

"Wrong answer, now I'm going to start hurting people." He said and I heard him hang up the phone.

I gasped looking all over for a car, I needed to get Christina out of here. I walked back inside and found Christina leaning against a wall, good they were on a commercial break. "hey, where did you go?" she asked as I neared her. "Outside, Ryder called. He got mad because I haven't found out what he wants yet.. We need to leave, hes going to start hurting people." I said and her mouth fell open in shock. "But... I haven't preformed yet..." she said. "I don't car. We really need to go right now" iI said and she nodded. She walked over to her manager and told him that she had to stop the interview for personal reasons ans followed me out, and into the parking lot.

"Your coming with me to work." I said as we climbed into her SUV that she used to get here. I have no idea how her other people were getting home but I really didn't care right now.

We arrived at the base and I walked in yelling for the chief. He ran around the corner startled by how I was acting. "What's wrong?" he asked, I could see the shock in his eyes. "It's Ryder.." I said and he nodded running off to get his phone.

"This is the chief of the Special Forces Unit, we need you to close all of the airports. Don't let a flight leave or come in, people are in danger." He said and Christina followed me into my locker room to get changed. My heart was racing. What would he do?

The chief burst through the door of my office an hour later with wide eyes. All we could do was wait until Ryder made his move. "There's been a shooting... 12 people are dead." He said and i shot out of my chair. "Christina stay here with the chief, I'll be back" I said and walked out and yelled for my men to follow me. They all ran out behind me and quickly got into their cars waiting for me.

I drove to the park fearing the worst. What I saw was ten times worse. There was bodies everywhere. I stepped onto the fresh grass and took my sunglasses of not being able to say anything. I walked past a girl that looked about 20 that got shot once in the stomach. I kept walking and walked past an older man that had been shot five times. I felt like I was going to throw up. "How did this happen?" I asked a police officer that was leaning against, his face was very pale. "We don't know.. We got the call and by then the killer was already gone.." he said, his gaze looked distant. I looked away as he threw up onto the concrete. I ran my hands through my hair not knowing what to do. My men were standing there by there cars byt some of them looked as if they were going to get sick any minute. "We were to late.. Lets go..." I said broken.

We arrived back at the base and I felt as if I was going to get sick. Christina was standing in the doorway and the chief was next to her. "Tara?" he asked concerned. I turned away as I threw up all over the floor, Christina ran to my side rubbing my back soothingly. I felt my phone vibrate and a different number that I didn't recognize.

"Tell me what you want!" I yelled down the phone.

"I take it you didn't like my present for you then?" he asked in an evil tone.

"Like it?! I just saw 12 fucking people shot to death laying in the park!! One of them was a freaking little kid!" I yelled feeling tears well up in my eyes.

"Then don't keep me waiting" he said evenly.

"Your fucking ridiculous" I said and hung up. I didn't care what he thought I was going to find him.

Authors Note: Vote, Comment, Fan!!! :D