Love, War, and Force Protocol

Chapter 9

I woke up to someone's arms wrapped around my waist. I looked down and they appeared to be women's hands. I struggled to turn around to see who the person was. I finally got fully turned around and was inches away from Christina. I gasped. Slowly her eyes opened and she smiled at me. "Good morning" she said pulling me closer to her. "Good morning" I said smiling. I didn't remember much of last night. "Um... Did we...?" She smiled "Nope" she said untangling herself from me. "Okay" I said getting out of bed. I looked over and watched Monster wobble over to Christina laying on her lap. I looked at my phone and noticed that I got a text from Kent.

-We want to meet your new friend. You want to get lunch?

-Sure. Be there in a little bit.

I got ready and let Christina borrow some of my clothes before we left for the restaurant. I got out and Christina looked nervous. We walked in and was waved over by Kent and Vince's table. We sat across from them and Kent kept staring at Christina. After I introduced them I kicked Kent who wouldn't keep his eyes off of Christina. "Hey! It's just she looks really familiar." He said. Christina seemed to get really nervous. "Um... I don't see how." She said rubbing her arm. "You just remind me of someone" he said looking at the menu. I looked over at her and she gave me a fake smile. She was acting weird. We talked for awhile and it looked like Kent and Vince really liked Christina. We got back to the car and I remembered something. "I just realized this but I don't know your last name. What is it?" I asked looking over at her. She got nervous again. "Um..." "Christina why are you so nervous about it? It's just a last name. Why won't you tell me?" I asked taking off my sunglasses to stare at her. She sighed. "It's Perri.." She said looking down. I was confused. Why was she so nervous to tell me that? "Okay? Why was that such a big deal?" I asked. "It's Christina Perri." She said again and I didn't get what she was hinting at. "Do you know the song Jar of Hearts?" She asked trying to get me to understand. "Yes?" Then it clicked. "Wait? Your her? The famous singer Christina Perri?" I asked and she nodded. I was shocked how could she have a crush on a regular girl like me. "Why wouldn't you tell me?" I asked. "Because I was afraid that you wouldn't like me for me." She said looking out of the window. "I do" I said grabbing her hand. She smiled. "Can we keep us a secret for awhile though?" She asked. "Sure" I said and ran my thumb over her knuckles.

I drove her home and was driving back listening to the radio when Jar of Hearts came on. "Of course" I said rolling my eyes. I pulled into my parking spot and walked in thinking about her. I don't get how someone like her could have feelings for me. I've never felt like that before. But her being who she is may change things.