6

They both were in the party; Ella was still in shock with the sight of eyes full of hurt looking in his direction. And Augustus being the jerk he was ignored it despite being completely aware if the damage it was causing to that person.

"Mr. King." Said a voice snapping Ella from her thoughts.

"Mr. Martin." Augustus said back to the middle-aged man. His voice was ice cold and his glare on the man was lethal. He pulled Ella into a more grip, making it prominent enough for the man staring at her.

"I must say you got yourself a beauty, Mr. King." The man said still looking at Ella not taking a hint of how he was digging his own grave and making the lady uncomfortable.

"And I must say that you better take your eyes off my wife before I serve them to you as your last meal." Augustus said nonchalantly, trying his best to control his anger.

Ella looked at Augustus in utter shock as Mr. Martin looked at him in fear. He knew Augustus was capable of that and he didn't want to challenge him.

"N..No Mr. King I w-was... ju-"

"Get your fucking face out of my sight this instant before I choose to react in a violent way." Augustus said, his eyes throwing daggers at Mr. Martin who was sweating and shivering in fear.

Augustus was still angry and Ella in shock. She couldn't believe how easily he could threaten people.

"Let's go." Augustus said taking a hold of Ella's hand and taking her towards the dance floor.

"Please... don't do this." Ella said as Augustus took her arms, wrapping them around his neck, as his arms strongly wrapped around her waist holding her close.

"Do what, princess?" Augustus asked, acting unaware of what Ella meant. She knew that he was completely aware of what he was doing and how she felt while doing that.

"Don't hurt her." Ella pleaded while looking into his blue orbs. She was broken and Augustus could see that clearly. Listening to her just made him crazier for her than he already was.

Ella was referring to Amber, who was in the party and the one to look at both of them with a broken expression. Augustus, who was well aware of her presence decided to use it to his advantage and Ella knew it all too well. She hated that Amber had to see them like this, together and so close to each other. She hated to put the wrong idea in the head of her best friend.

"It's not right." Ella said with her eyes shining with tears which she was controlling.

"What's not right? Me dancing with my wife?" Augustus questioned back, his attention to Amber was gone while he focused on Ella who was ready to go to any extent for her best friend. She without any effort pulled him more towards her.

"You know it's not like that." Ella said, she was aware that their marriage was just a move in his sadistic plan and nothing more.

"It is." Augustus said and then averted his gaze to Ella's shoulder, noticing a very jealous and hurt Amber.

"I need to use the restroom." Ella said, as it was the only same thing which came to her mind to escape this torture. Removing her arms, she made her way to find the restroom.

Augustus smirked when he saw Amber smile towards him. His plan was working, and he hated that he had to hurt Ella in the process.
___________________________

"It's all fine... Amber is going to be understanding." Ella said as she calmed herself down, still in front of the restrooms mirror, she looked herself in the eye repeating how everything was going to turn out just fine.