23

Waking up the next morning, Ella didn't even feel an ounce of regret. She smiled feeling his arms securing her in her position which was close to him. His grip on her was so firm that it was a task for her to turn around and face him, but still she managed.

Seeing his eyes closed and his breath even, she reckoned him too asleep. Burying her hand in his brownish blonde hair, Ella slowly caressed his scalp. She wasn't sure if what they were doing was the right decision, but she trusted him. She didn't know what the repercussions might be, but she was fine as long as she had him. Not being able to resist, Ella kissed him softly.

However, Ella smiled when she felt him lift her up and place her above him. His hand caressing her lower back as she felt him smile into the once soft kiss.

"You've been awake this whole time?" Ella asked pulling away.

"How can you expect me to sleep when you're besides me?" Augustus replied, tucking a strand of her long hair behind her ear. Ella just blushed, appreciating how good he was with words.

"Tired?" Augustus asked playing with her hair while she rested her head on his chest.

"After you kept me up all night? Very much." Ella replied nodding her head.

"You're the one kept me up all night." Augustus accused back, creating a peaceful silence between them.

"Thank you." Augustus said breaking the silence.

"For what?" Ella asked as she raised her head up to meet his blue eyes.

"You just loved me after all the horrible things that I did." Augustus said caressing her cheek. His eyes held nothing but love for her and guilt for his actions.

Ella just smiled. She liked how he was being emotionally available to her now. She never would have imagined that they would be like this after one month of their marriage.

"Just promise me one thing," Ella said: "No more lies."

Seeing the fear, her eyes held, it was then that Augustus replied how much he had betrayed the woman in front of him. It ached knowing that he played a big part in hurting her and he wanted nothing more than to erase those memories from both of their minds. But he was sure that he wouldn't do anything like that, he loved her, like crazy, and he wasn't going to let anybody hurt her.

"I promise." He said and moved forward to kiss her. He may be a bastard and he might have hurt her, but he was never letting her go.

"I'm sorry." He said pulling out. Seeing the confused expression on her face he continued: "I hurt you. Multiple times. I'm truly sorry." He explained pulling her close.

"It's fine." Ella whispered, enjoying the feeling of him playing with her hair.

"Why did you forgive me so easily?" Augustus asked, truly confused. Ella just smiled and pulled him into another kiss.

"Because I love you." Ella said pulling out, making Augustus smile. Him smiling was something she never expected to see but recently she had been seeing that frequently.

"Not as much as I do." Augustus replied. Happy that he finally got what he yearned for all these years.
________________________

It was evening and Ella, and Augustus were in the indoor pool of the fifth floor. The room was insanely huge and in the middle of the room was a big pool. It was beautiful just like the room, there were lights inside the pool giving it classy and beautiful lightning. The moon light entered, through the one-way glass window which covered the walls and the roof of the room, giving it a beautiful finish.

"Come on, Ella. Trust me." Came Augustus' voice, who was standing in the middle of the pool with his hand extended, urging Ella to take it and step into the deep pool. He was looking extremely handsome as he stood in the pool, with nothing but just a pair of black swimming shorts which gave off a perfect view of his muscle ripping body.

Ella shook her head as she regretted the time when she told Augustus that she feared water. She may not have told him the whole incident but just telling him that she was afraid of water, and he decided to end that fear.

"I-I don't think that's a good idea." Ella said shaking her head, as her chest was heaving up and down.

"Ella, here take my hand. Step in." Augustus said stepping closer to her. Ella looked in his blue eyes which did succeed to calm her down to an extent where she stepped in the pool, enough for the water to reach till her knees.

Slowly sliding his other hand around her bare waist, as she wore a backless white color trikini, Augustus pulled her shivering body closer to him.

"Now, easy," Augustus said as he noticed her breathing becoming heavier and her body shaking more vigorously: "Ella, I want you to calm down. Nothing's happening."

Augustus said as he caressed her waist and then moved her hands to cup her face. "Look at me." Augustus demanded as he brought her eyes to meet his. Seeing her calm down a bit Augustus just flashed her a smile.

"Augustus, t-the wa-"

"Nothing is happening, baby. See we're both fine." Augustus said cutting her off. Her arms were wrapped around his neck in a tight grip as her body stuck to his, she was afraid thinking anybody might pop up from inside and choke her underwater, just like somebody did when she was young.

"A-Augustus! We're g-going d-deeper." Ella shouted afraid, as she noticed Augustus, who had his arms around her waist again, moving backwards with her.

"It's going to be just fine, my love. Trust me, we'll swim back." Augustus said making Ella's eyes go wide, she wasn't able to walk inside the pool alone and he wanted her to swim back? She just shook her head, tightening her hold on his neck afraid that he would let go, all her actions just made him release a chuckle.

"I was just kidding, baby. I'm never letting you go." Augustus said as he finally stopped when his back collided with the other end of the pool. Ella just slightly smiled at his words, though she was hella scared when she noticed that the water now reached up till her shoulders, while Augustus who was talker than her, seemed quite comfortable with water reaching just below his chest.

"Wanna go back?" Augustus asked as he noticed her fear.

Ella just tightened her hold on him and nodded her head she wasn't comfortable here and she would be glad if he decided to go back. However, she was confused when he stopped in the middle of the pool with a mischievous smirk on his perfect face.

"Augustus wha-"

"Find me." Augustus said cutting her off and then suddenly disappeared underneath the water.

Ella panicked when she felt a finger sliding from her thigh to her knee.

"Augustus" She called out almost about to cry.

She flinched as she felt a wet kiss being pressed on her bare back. When she turned around there was no trace of anyone just the moving water. She tried looking for him from above the water, but the chemicals made the color of the water dark, making it difficult for her to see anything from above, even the lights weren't that much of some help in her panicked state.

"Ahh...!" Ella screamed when she felt a wet body engulfing hers from behind. She quickly turned around to meet with the same blue eyes. A bit of relief washed over her as she saw him, fine, just drenched in water.

"Did I scare you, wifey?" Augustus asked laughing as he wrapped her arms around his neck.

"Don't ever do that again." Ella said still scared, as she hooked both of her legs around his torso.

"Wanna have some more fun?" Augustus asked jokingly, as his hands held her thighs, securing her in that position.

"No! Please, let's just get out." Ella screamed almost immediately.

"As you say, baby." Augustus said moving to get out of the pool.

He enjoyed it all. Spending the day with her, letting her know him, as he already knew everything about her. She was breaking the high and strong walls he spent his life building around him, she was breaking them, and he didn't mind, he just let her.