24

Entering the dining hall, Ella sat at the chair in a hurry. She was so hungry that she was sure that she could gobble everything on the table, however, when she was served some bacon and eggs, she scrunched up her nose as the smell of the food hit her. All her appetite was gone, and she wanted nothing more than to throw up.

"I'll just leave." Ella said, managing to force a smile on her face.

"But you haven't had anything, dear." Bethany, the head maid, said as she looked at Ella concerned.

"I'm really not hungry. Thank you, Beth." Ella said as she got and left smiling at Bethany. She was sure that one more minute in the dining hall and she would just throw up there.
______________________

It was evening and Ella was in the lawn with Ashton who came a few hours ago. She was chasing Ashton who was very happy and laughing while running around the huge lawn.

Their laughter came to stop when Ashton bumped into someone, resulting in him falling down.

"Sorry..." The boy said looking up to the familiar face, he had seen the man a couple of times, and his visit had been recent in the past two weeks. Ashton often saw him arguing with his grandpa.

Ella ran a bit faster to pick Ashton, who had fallen down, from the grass. Asking if he was okay, Ella didn't bother looking up to the guy he had bumped in, but once she did, she stood there numb.

"Jayden..." Were the only words Ella could say as she saw him stand in front of her.

Ashton looked up, confused at his aunt, while Jayden on the other hand smiled seeing Ella after this much of planning. She may haven't been aware of it, but Ella was being heavily guarded since she had been married. He was a bit confused not to see much of guards at the scene, but his happiness was way too much to focus on anything except her.

"Ella..." Jayden said reaching out to touch her face, but he looked kind of hurt and was confused when he saw her backing away, not letting him touch her. He thought that she may have been equally happy to see him.

"What are you doing here?" Ella asked looking everywhere, making sure that no guard was there. She may not love him, but she sure did care about him and letting Augustus be aware of his presence wasn't caring for him.

"What do you mean? I am here to get you," Jayden said: "He has forcefully kept you here for so long now. We can escape, come on." He stretched his arm in order to grab hers, but confusion was evident on his face the moment she backed away, shaking her head.

"I can't..." Ella said as she saw him. She wasn't held here with force for any longer, she loved him, and she wasn't going to leave him now.

"Don't worry, Ella. He won't find us." Jayden said flashing a nervous smile to Ella. He just tried to console himself, not wanting to believe that there was a possibility of Ella loving his stepbrother.

"No.." Ella said as she shook her head. She didn't want to hurt Jayden, but she couldn't leave Augustus, not after she gained his trust and not after she accepted what she felt for him.

"You love him." Jayden said, voicing his thoughts and sounding hurt. He just couldn't believe how Ella could fall in love with Augustus, out of all people.

"Please leave..." Ella said as she looked away from him. She knew she betrayed him, but she couldn't help herself.

"No, you're coming with me." Jayden said as he wished how all of this could be a joke, how he could just take Ella with him.

"No. Jayden, please leave before somebody comes." Ella said.

"No. You're coming with me or," Jayden said before taking out his gun from his suit, pointing it at Ashton, who stood there confused: "I'm killing him."

Shaking her head, Ella did the first thing which came to her mind in that crazy situation. She hid Ashton's small body behind her, holding Ashton behind her, making sure that Jayden would never be able to aim at him, Ella felt like she was manipulated the whole time. This whole time she thought Jayden of being a harmless and a man who had conscience, but seeing what he did now, Ella didn't know what he exactly was. Good or bad.

"Jayden, please..." Ella pleaded, she nervously ran her eyes around the place, not understanding why Augustus' guards weren't lurking around today. She wanted nothing more than to save the poor boy's life, he had already lost too much.

Jayden shook his head, anger was taking over his senses that he didn't understand just how dangerous this could be, he knew he was challenging Augustus King, and he shouldn't do it, but at that moment he had done it and there was no going back. Losing Ella wouldn't be a problem for him if it meant that he won from Augustus.

Just as Ella was losing all hope, she had about saved Ashton, she saw one of Augustus' guards silently coming from behind. She had two options at that time: Either tell Jayden that he was in deep trouble and let him run or just protect Ashton and herself and stay silent, let Augustus handle with him. It was a matter of seconds before Ella chose the latter. Ashton was a priority to Ella now, and Jayden hadn't done something good.

"We have him." The guard said on his earpiece, as he succeeded in twisting Jayden's hand and pinned it on his back, holding him down.

"Just don't let him go." Augustus replied in a hurry on the other side.

"Yes, boss." The man said tightening his hold, making Jayden wince in pain.

"I request you to go inside, Mrs. King." The guards said thankful that Ella had Ashton's eyes covered.

Ella looked at the whole scene with her mouth wide open, she didn't know what to feel. She was called a betrayer and she felt like she also had been betrayed today, Jayden acted like someone completely different, and Ella wasn't sure if she could trust him any longer or not.

"Mrs. King." The guard said bringing Ella out of her thoughts. Ella just nodded her head and headed inside. Taking Ashton in her arms, Ella walked away from Jayden ignoring the things and shouts he was making for her to stop.

"Ella. This is not over." Jayden shouted sounding venomous. Ella looked in his eyes at that time and she saw nothing but rage, pure revenge laced in his eyes and Ella knew that she had made things difficult for them by loving Augustus, but it wasn't something she could control, she did try resisting but it only resulted in being twice than it already was.

"What was bad man saying?" Ashton asked as he laid down besides his aunt. Even he was scared after what happened today.

"Nothing which shall matter. Just sleep, I'm right here." Ella said caressing his hair, watching as he drifted to sleep.

Feeling something rise up her throat, Ella covered her mouth and ran to the bathroom, making sure that Ashton wasn't awake of her movements. Bending down in front of the toilet seat, Ella threw up all of the contents of her stomach. After puking for about 5 more minutes, Ella got up and headed to rinse her mouth. Washing her face Ella looked in the mirror, she didn't look unwell, rather healthier, but not unwell. Thinking it must be all the stress, Ella walked out of the bathroom with her hand pressed against her forehead.

The bedroom door opened after a second or two, revealing a very tense and angry Augustus. The first thing his gaze landed was on Ashton's sleeping figure. His eyes relaxed a bit but did not stop until they landed on Ella. Augustus sighed as relief washed over him. Running over to her Augustus embraced her, not giving her a chance to speak. He wanted nothing more than to play with Jayden's death, but the urge for staying with Ella was way more and he was now a bit relieved to see that both her and Ashton are safe.

"I'm sorry." Augustus whispered in her ear, still holding her close.

"Augustus, it's not your fault." Ella replied as she wrapped her hands around his neck: "We're both fine."

Ella wasn't aware of the fact that Augustus knew Jayden's presence in his manor, but he just had his men keep in him except kill him in the first place.

Dipping his head in the crook of her neck, Augustus took her scent in which did nothing but calm his nerves and made him feel intoxicated. He hated to admit the fact that this was only beginning, and a lot more had to happen before he could finally end this.

Difficulties will come but Augustus was sure he could fight each one of them as long as he had her by his side. But for now, he had to deal with his brother who dared to hurt his wife and nephew.