10

Ella was walking in the manor, feeling extremely bored. She had nothing to do in the manor. She tried to help the staff, but they pleaded her to stop. Augustus had ordered them to make sure she doesn't do anything. She didn't get the view of the whole estate because it was insanely huge and Ella was fine with that, she didn't have the urge to have broken legs. However, Jennifer was kind enough to make the important placed of the manor known to her.

Currently, she was struggling to make her way anywhere where she could spend her time. She ended up in a hallway which was quite familiar.

"Ella?" A voice called out making her turn towards the owner of the voice.

"Nick?!" Ella gasped surprised.

"Oh, my God." The person replied equally surprised. Soon he was brought back to reality when he felt Ella run towards him and jump onto him, making him stumble a bit but he managed.

"It's really you." Ella said surprised, she never thought that there will be a time when she will be happy in this manor.

"It's been a hell of a time, hasn't it?" Nick said. He was feeling euphoric as he held Ella.

"When did you come back?" Ella asked still holding onto him. Nicholas was seriously one of the best things to happen in her life and she may not be aware, but the feeling was mutual.

"Around 6 months ago." Nick said, his hold firm on her thighs keeping her close and his face with a smile of uncontrollable happiness.

"And you did not tell me." Ella said pulling her face back, trying to glare at her friend but unable to hold the glare, both of them burst laughing.

"I missed you." Nick said a while after laughing. There was no denying that during the time he was friends with Ella, he had developed feelings for her which he knew weren't mutual. Ella just saw Nick as her best friend.

"So did I." Ella said smiling. She still couldn't believe that she met him under the devil's roof.

"I want to kno-"

Ella was interrupted by someone clearing their throat. Hers and Nick's gaze stopped on a very annoyed and furious Augustus who wasn't even trying to hide his anger.

Augustus was beyond angry seeing his wife in the arms of another man. The man held her bare thighs and she had her arms wrapped around his neck. The fact that she was so happy made him angrier. He was angry that it wasn't him that Ella was so happy to see or so comfortable with.

"Oh... Augustus..." Ella said a bit scared to see Augustus this angry. She wasn't afraid of the fact that Augustus had seen her so close to her friend, she didn't need to be afraid she knew that she was doing nothing wrong. However, she was afraid of the fact that Augustus was angry as hell.

"Hey." Nicholas said awkwardly, as he saw Augustus glaring at him and Ella getting down from his embrace.

"What were you doing with my wife, Nicholas?" Augustus asked as he came towards them and held Ella's hand, putting her behind him in a rather possessive and protective way.

"I was jus- Wait, what?" Nicholas said shocked as he processed Augustus' words. He couldn't believe what the other man said, but the fact that she was in his manor was enough proof.

"You're married to him?"

Augustus smirked seeing his shocked and somewhat broken expression. As much as he was furious and wanted to kill the person in front of him, he wouldn't mind in letting him live in sadness for a couple of weeks.

"You should start reading the paper." Augustus replied before Ella did.

"Anyways, we'll discuss business later." Augustus said controlling his anger. He didn't want to kill the guy just yet.