20

Sitting in their room with a bowl of strawberries dipped in chocolate and a book, Ella tried her best to not think about the mess going on in her life right now. She had tried her best to avoid Augustus and indulge herself into something else which helped in diverting her brain from Augustus and the fact that she lost her virginity to him.

Reading the same line for the fifth time, Ella let out an irritated sigh, as she still wasn't able to focus on her book. Keeping the book down and running her hand through her hair, Ella seemed irritated. Irritated for the fact that she didn't feel guilty about what happened, but she rather liked it. She liked the feeling of his hands tracing every part of her body, his lips marking every inch of skin as his.

"What's wrong?" Came his voice making Ella flinch in surprise. She wasn't sure of when he entered the room, sitting in front of her.

Augustus came into his room in search for his wife who seemed to avoid him today. Seeing her on the bed, Augustus sat in front of her, but she seemed quite drowned into her thoughts to notice him. She was upset and Augustus knew what it was about but there was barely anything he could do to make her overcome her own guilt.

"Ella, I know you probably think it's wrong but it's not..." Augustus said placing his hand on her bare knee, caressing it.

Ella looked at him, she knew it would be wrong but at that moment she couldn't find somebody else to blame for all of this. To her, Augustus being all nice lately was also an act. All of his behavior was an act for him to make a fool of Ella in some kind of sadistic plan he had.

"You enjoy it, don't you?" Ella said looking at him. 

"You enjoy how miserable I am. You enjoy how everything is going according to what you planned and now you get what you want." Ella said as tears made their way down her cheek. She knew it was wrong to take her anger out on him, but she didn't care right now.

"See, now you made me yours, toyed with Amber and left her, probably killed Jayden and now you will toy with me." Ella continued watching his eyes filling with rage he tried to control.

"Ella... I would never do that." Augustus said calmly, brushing her hair from her face.

Ella just shook her head, not believing him as he cupped her face. Refusing to look at him, Ella just shook her face.

"I would never hurt the person I love." Augustus said close to her ear as he finally admitted it. He wanted Ella to know that he loved her and that he could never hurt her or let anybody hurt her.

Ella just looked at Augustus shocked. She never in her wildest dream expected Augustus to love her. She badly wanted to say that she loved him too, but she wasn't sure if he wasn't playing with her.

"Love?" Ella scoffed.

"Tricking me into a marriage I didn't want, then sleeping with my best friend, hiding this insane obsession." Ella said as she stood up and backed away from him.

"That's what you do to a person you love?" Ella said and realized her mistake almost immediately when she saw Augustus' eyes darken. She was scared but she was too stubborn to let him know this time.

"Ella..." Augustus said warningly as he did his best from losing his temper. He felt sorry for all the things he did to his wife, and he didn't want to hurt her anymore.

"This isn't love Augustus... it's your obsession and it's temporary." Ella said softly as she watched him come to her.

She prepared herself to be chocked or killed but she was shocked when she felt nothing but his gentle touch on her cheek. His large hands cupped her face as his fingers gently caressed her cheek. He knew Ella was partially right. His obsession for her didn't disappear but adjusted his love for her, and he was sure of the fact that the obsession he carried for his wife wasn't temporary but rather growing stronger each passing day.

"No..." Ella whispered as she looked down and laced her fingers with his, shaking her head trying to remove his gentle touch. She wanted him to be angry at her, shout at her, do anything which made her hate him, but he did none. Instead, he did things which made her weak in front of him, make her love him more.

"Ella... look at me." Augustus said as he tried to bring her face up, but she just shook her head.

"Ella." Augustus said finally bringing her to face him. He gently kissed her forehead after a while of stating into her glossy eyes. She may be crying but to him she was still so beautiful.

"It's going to be fine." Augustus said as he brought her close to him.

Ella sighed as she buried her face in his chest, his scent filling her nostrils as she shed a few tears. All her attempts to leave him, they were all going down the drain. She like the warmth his body gave hers, as his hand went up and down her back in a soothing motion.

Her face moved up to be now buried in his neck as her arms and legs tightened around his neck and torso. She curled up against him when she felt him once both of them on the bed covering them woth the sheets. Ella sighed as she pulled her face out of his neck. She stared at his blue eyes wondering how planned on hating him tonight but ended up falling more for him.

His arm which was wrapped around her waist, pulled her closer to him as he continued to stare back at her. She just needed some time to sort everything out and Augustus was ready to give her that but letting her get away from him was something that Augustus will never be ready to do. Softly kissing her Augustus buried his face in her neck, inhaling her sweet scent as he enjoyed the feeling of her fingers gently caressing his hair, as he drifted into a peaceful sleep with her in his arms.
______________________

It was 3:05 a.m. when Augustus opened his eyes as he heard Ella muttering something while she lightly shook her head. Frowning, he looked at his wife who seemed to be struggling while she had a nightmare.

Ella was gripping the sheets tightly as she attempted to breath. Shaking her head, Ella constantly muttered something.

"Ella..." Augustus whispered as he held her close.

"Ella... baby wake up." Augustus said again as he noticed how her nightmare was getting worse, but Ella wasn't waking up.

Kissing her forehead, Augustus caressed her cheek. "Calm down", he said as he watched how she was in a deep slumber.

Still holding her close, Augustus let out a breath of relief when he noticed how Ella's breath was even, and she didn't seem suffocated as she did before. However, he cursed under his breath when he heard his phone ringing. Not wanting to disturb Ella, he quickly walked outside the room after placing a kiss on Ella's forehead.

"What the fuck, Xavier?" Augustus hissed as soon as he picked up the phone.

"Good morning to you too, bastard." Xavier replied back as soon as he heard how pissed his friend was.

"Why the hell did you call me?"

"Is it bad that I want to know how my friend is on this beautiful day?"
Xavier asked sarcastically.

"It's about time I kill you."

"What is it you really called me for at 3:45 in the fucking morning?" Augustus asked rubbing his temples in anger.

"Before you kill me, you might want to thank me for I got the man who did a favor to humanity." 

"What made you think I would be interested in knowing who killed Giovanni?" Augustus asked knowing Xavier just caught him for fun.

"What the fuck do I do with him, now?"

"You caught him for fun. Have fun and bury him." Augustus replied as he hung up the call. He wasn't sure why Xavier had called him this late just for this shit.

Sighing Augustus made his way back to his bedroom. Slipping under the sheets he pulled Ella close to him as he stared at her. He knew it was probably creepy of him to do that, but he couldn't help himself when it came to Ella. She was so perfect that Augustus couldn't help but admire her.

"I love you." Augustus said placing a kiss on her neck as he his head in her neck. He smiled knowing that he finally said it. The words he wanted Ella to listen since they were in university, he finally said it and he was genuinely happy with the feeling he got as he held her close and slept with her.